Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New drivers by me testing and suggestions thread.

Giannis_TDM

Bump! Version 1 Production PCB designs done!
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The external pads are test points so I can fully test the drivers before sending them off.

Nice! I’m sure there are a few on here dying to sample these for seal of approval. Can’t wait to see how they turn out.
SGD

Giannis_TDM

Nice! I’m sure there are a few on here dying to sample these for seal of approval. Can’t wait to see how they turn out.
SGD
Oh another thing you should know: I love over engineering! so I made a test rig board :
unknown.png

This is an approximation of how it will slot in as it cant be rendered due to missing 3d models and program limitations:
unknown.png

All components ofc As quality as my drivers
Alps power switch
Nippon chemi con electrolitic
TI switching controller
0.1% resistors
TDK X7R caps
gold plated pins for the drivers pads to be contacted by
STM fet
Diodes incorporated SBD
Panasonic inductor! I don't cheap out on anything!
The driver's test pads will be slid onto contacts that will be soldered to the 2 output and 2 driver input pads, I've implemented 2 different ranges to simulate batteries for 1s and 2s configurations, 3.5-4.2v 7-8,4v. In terms of testing I will have available 2 options, The stock option(free) will be this board with me testing the driver at the bats nominal voltage and its max voltage and pre setting driver current and running a half hour "bake" test. The 2nd option which is +5 euros more for my time will provide everything above together with the full range of scope readings, Personalized test report and temperature over time with efficiencies. is that fair since I am selling these at a lower price compered to the usual? (3A buck is 22 euros + 5 euros shipping, Shipping for multiple is still 5 euros up to an extent)