Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW CONTEST !!!!

S

SenKat

Okay - how about we auction off the laser - with the proceeds going to Charity ? The winner would get a private Ebay Auction put in place by me (only the winner would bid) with the proceeds going to an ebay recognized charity ? Does that sound good to everyone ? That way, the winner gets the 50mw 532nm Laser pointer, and the charity of his/her choice wins as well ! Two votes of yes will start a new thread with the auction....give me your answers !!!

i deserve to win the 50mW laser pointer that sencat is giving away because i am the bestest guy around.

thers my entry, i hope i win!

no ebay, have the auction here

S

SenKat

hammer_time said:
i deserve to win the 50mW laser pointer that sencat is giving away because i am the bestest guy around.

thers my entry, i hope i win!

no ebay, have the auction here

Well - the only reason I was metioning Ebay is cause I know you can setup a private auction, and donate the proceeds to charity. I plan on the auction being here - but the winner of the auction will get a link to an ebay private auction that only they can bid-and win on - for the ammount of their bid on here. Or does that sound too complicated ?

NairB

:D

LoL I am going to be really stupid SenKat forgive me.....

What if in the private auction the bidding goes up to say $200 :eek:

How will that work.

I like the idea of using Private eBay so that a parent/guardian (if under 18) is needed to complete any transactions.....good idea.....keeps everyone safe and legal ;)

and that way you won't have to go through verification of everyone's age so much, as ebay did it for you.

NairB

Ok how about during the auction, you can only bid 1 cent at every attempt and the first person to reach say 300 cents wins.

So a 55mW laser for 3 dollars.

You could advertise the bidding event at a certain time so that hundreds of folk will be ready at their PC ready to start bidding when its time lol

It might only last say 10 minutes but the first to 300 will win and no more bids will be taken ;) ;) ;)

chargerman said:
I don't wanna write an essay :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Bad.....Bad Girl :p You done took the fun out o' it already ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HAHA....im still in college so....essays r a huge part of my life...no matter how much i hate em

SenKat said:
Okay - how about we auction off the laser - with the proceeds going to Charity ? The winner would get a private Ebay Auction put in place by me (only the winner would bid) with the proceeds going to an ebay recognized charity ? Does that sound good to everyone ? That way, the winner gets the 50mw 532nm Laser pointer, and the charity of his/her choice wins as well ! Two votes of yes will start a new thread with the auction....give me your answers !!!

I have a charity!!!
BSQ charity....really
am i eligible???

NairB

Any ideas SenKat?

Will my above post work, can you set eBay to accept only a maximum bid from everyone of 1 cent until the 300 cent finish line is reached ???

Would be excellent if that worked as we could hold competitions all the time that's secure, honest and legal ::)

S

SenKat

Well - I think a three dollar donation would be kinda silly - I guess there is no interest in highest bidder donates the winning bid to a charity, and gets the laser ? The auction would be held here - only the winning bidder would go on ebay to claim his prize - only the winning bidder here would be able to get into the auction on ebay. They have a function there to have proceeds go to a charity - that way everyone would KNOW for sure that the money went there, instead of to me ! If you all don't like that idea, let me know....That is what I would like to do - that way there is two winners - the highest bidder, and the charity !

NairB

SenKat said:
Well - I think a three dollar donation would be kinda silly - I guess there is no interest in highest bidder donates the winning bid to a charity, and gets the laser ? The auction would be held here - only the winning bidder would go on ebay to claim his prize - only the winning bidder here would be able to get into the auction on ebay. They have a function there to have proceeds go to a charity - that way everyone would KNOW for sure that the money went there, instead of to me ! If you all don't like that idea, let me know....That is what I would like to do - that way there is two winners - the highest bidder, and the charity !

Oh I misunderstood what you were meaning SenKat, sorry, told you I was being stupid. :D

Yeah sure, I can go with that lol....great idea....im embarrassed now lol :-X

SenKat......
don't u think it would be a lot more interesting if there r more participating members?
i think the price can only go higher the more members there r
m i making any sense?

S

SenKat

Anyone is welcome to participate ! If they are under 18, I will find a way to get proof that their folks will allow them to have the pointer - I don't wanna cause any family issues !!