Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New concept products - MINE!

Some of you may know. I have been made co-admin of the sp3ctra (without the 3 it becomes X) forum shop.
I am preparing to sell some new products through there (CNIs and RPLs are from Pseudo so dont ask.) mainly consisting of some nice lab modules I designed, and I'm currently prototyping one of them.
Link is here. It's a tinyurl so it isnt censored.
However, just for kicks, here's a copy paste of the page of the red lab module.

Product Information
200mW 670nm Red Laser Module with analog modulation. Great for use in DIY lasershows.
Accepts 0-5V input as well as power, has modulation cancel switch for continuous full power operation.
TEC cooled and temperature regulated for performance and stability. Metal case measuring 115x65x55 length x width x height, millimetres.
This is a permanently available item as I build these to order.
As these are custom built, it may take up to 4 weeks to build it due to fluctuating part availability.

BlueFusion's Analog Module Warranty:
I warrant this laser device to be free of manufacturing defects (aside from scratches and minor issues that do not affect performance) for six (6) months from date of purchase.
This warranty DOES COVER laser device failure if operated within recommended limits.
If the laser fails within the 6 month period, please contact me for repair or replacement at my discretion.
This warranty is void if the laser suffers any physical impact or damage.

About BlueFusion's Lasers
I manufacture these lases individually to a high standard, using only the best available parts. I aim to provide quality products at a fraction of the regular cost.
If you have an idea about a laser you'd like to have, but aren't sure about where to get one or even if it exists, contact me as I may be able to bring your idea to life.
I can build custom lasers using multiple laser emitters to provide up to 400mW of Red or Green, and 40mW of BluRay in a single beam. I can also build high power unusual colour lasers, such as a ~300mW yellow combined red and green. Contact me for details.

Price: USD $175.

I had some interested people talking to me about these. The price was originally a bit lower, but Pseudo suggested I include a warranty, so I increased it slightly so I can afford to do that.

I am in the process of building a prototype. I am waiting on some parts for a proto TEC temperature regulator, as I need to control the laser's temperature so it doesn't get condensation. The completed prototype unit is going to Laser Ben and then drlava for review, and after that may be put up for auction here (an idea i had a while ago) to raise some money for the forum and c0ld's legal fees.

(Another concept of mine that I will try to build (but probably not sell) in future is a combined 2x red 1x green 500mW yellow. :D )

Last thing... I am rather short of money, so if anyone wants to invest in prebuying one of these (so I can build the no. 1 prototype, then no. 2 production model), I would be rather grateful. I can guarantee you will end up with a quality unit warranty and all, however it may take up to a month and a half or so for me to assemble it then mail it off. (that would be unit number 2)
If not, I'll get by anyway, perfectly reasonable for you to want to wait.

Gazoo

Hey blu,
I am curious where you are getting the diodes for these? Also, when you figure out how to regulate the temp. of the peltier, I would be very interested in that part of it and would pay you for the circuit so I can do that with mine. ;)

I was planning to use the phazor diodes once they start selling. 200mW+ CW for $~40 sounds like a great deal to me.
I won't make the temperature regulator available as it's my work, and i'd like to keep it like that, but I'd happily sell you a complete one for essentially cost. (since I'm not making the source, etc available I might as well do that)
I actually have the chips that i will use, (2 samples) in the mail right now. I will say though that you will need to connect to the chip with a RS232 port and Hyperterminal to set the temperature point. (Or I can set it.)

Gazoo

BlueFusion said:
I was planning to use the phazor diodes once they start selling. 200mW+ CW for $~40 sounds like a great deal to me.
I won't make the temperature regulator available as it's my work, and i'd like to keep it like that, but I'd happily sell you a complete one for essentially cost. (since I'm not making the source, etc available I might as well do that)
I actually have the chips that i will use, (2 samples) in the mail right now. I will say though that you will need to connect to the chip with a RS232 port and Hyperterminal to set the temperature point. (Or I can set it.)

Good to know you are thinking about using the phaser diodes :) I think they will be perfect for this project.

Sounds great to me...thanks. I would probably ask you to set it, and if I needed to change it I could handle it as long as you show me how it is done. Anyway when you get closer to having the project completed we can talk. If I can contribute I will...I can't make a commitment right now....but I sure would like to. I will let you know.

jayrob

Blue, I am interested in your 20mW 405nm modules. Are they the same diodes as the 10 - 15mW 405nm modules you are selling? Or, is the 20mW a different diode? Probably all are the PS3 diodes correct?
Thanks,
Jay

hmm the 40mw blu-ray and the yellow laser sounds great but im not sure i would want a yellow of 300mw's...wats the highest mw you can make a yellow with for around $300... im kinda low on cash because im saving up for maybe a RGY scanner.. though im trying rlly hard to find RGB...but i doubt ill find one that will fit my budget...