Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New commers...

I don't know where I should post this. Now to start I know a couple months ago I was new. But my first post wasn't for a high powered laser it was help for a driver. But recently every other post is some new person trying to get some retina destroying laser. Not trying to be an ass but I can almost bet none of them know about eye safety and they are the reason the FDA has us on lock down. Us helping them makes it worse. To all the noobs if you see this please respect those of us embedded in what we love and try just try to start with a weak laser before you go for a burner. Everyone wants to burn stuff. Just go get lighters. Hell I'll send you 3 dollars to go get a lighter just please don't add to the fire. Every noob with a 6mw+ laser is another bullet for the FDA to use against us. Sorry if this makes anyone mad. Its just my opinion. If you have 50 to spend on a laser go for a nice pointer and not an eBay one. I welcome all I just don't like irresponsible people getting blinding lasers. They are not toys. Good day.

NKO29

^So true, theyre the reason Aus has Banned all lasers 1mW<

I've matured a lot during my time here, when it comes to my ideas about lasers, and other stuff a bit too. I am thankful for this forum and it's guidance. I think low key is best, lasers are very conspicuous. I no longer am going to shine beams into the sky near populated areas, regardless of aircraft presence. only when camping miles from civilization, during new moons away from light pollution, when even the dimmest stars and high-flying aircraft are clearly visible. being in such darkness gives one a new appreciation for the incredible intensity of these. plus you can bring some safety glasses and start the fire. the smokier the campfire, the cooler the beams, bring your effects caps

While I don't think they are as dangerous IN GENERAL as guns, they deserve just as much respect and in many ways, more respect.

I saw a picture that should put it in perspective, thanks to whoever posted it originally, I cannot remember:

you can hardly blame anyone from not wanting just any malicious pyro teen to be able to get their hands on something that is capable of this. that's the city of san antonio with a 1W blue above, as seen from the I.S.S. or so I read from wherever I saw it

500 posts.... thanks for having me everyone.
I won't be spoon feeding anymore, use the search bar guys

I have matured as well. Before my joining here I had no idea what wavelength, miliwatt, and even how they worked. Now I know all of that and more. I practice eye safety almost religiously. Cool pic by the way.

I got into lasers from WL... but I have to say, the emphasis on laser safety CANNOT be overdone. I've gotten a few close calls, and if you ever get it right on, you're blind...

My proposal to the FDA includes a strict ban on lasers over 5mW particularly targeted to eBay and Amazon... that would eliminate most of the market for those cheapo lasers

+1 cantthinkofone

Last edited:
With the recent surge of newcomers and to clear the way for the holidays I would like to once again revive this thread along with emphasis on safety. Close calls are no joke and a direct hit is just horrible. Please all noobs: research using the ***y search bar (SSB) and wear those safety glasses damnit! Have fun and be safe.

With the recent surge of newcomers and to clear the way for the holidays I would like to once again revive this thread along with emphasis on safety. Close calls are no joke and a direct hit is just horrible. Please all noobs: research using the ***y search bar (SSB) and wear those safety glasses damnit! Have fun and be safe.

Pls do not provide the authorities with more opportunities to enact the Miranda and clamp down on this hobby!:tsk:

so telling people to be safe and wear their safety glasses is what will make them get at us? and i suppose driving properly will ban cars? using power equipment safely will ban power equipment? the logic in your post is driving me nuts right now. please explain why that pesky finger is wagging at me for telling people to be safe? i suppose we should all drive our cars in reverse and stick our hands on the table saw because if we dont those rights will be removed from us...

so telling people to be safe and wear their safety glasses is what will make them get at us? and i suppose driving properly will ban cars? using power equipment safely will ban power equipment? the logic in your post is driving me nuts right now. please explain why that pesky finger is wagging at me for telling people to be safe? i suppose we should all drive our cars in reverse and stick our hands on the table saw because if we dont those rights will be removed from us...

You read me wrong. It's directed at new commers to remind them how to avoid antagonising the POPO pls. I'm actually agreeing with you. The holidays will bring out lasers including those keychain models sold by vendors at beach board walks where they will be shone into motel windows and over the water breaks. :yh:

Last edited: