Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new co2 from old medical eq, water cld or not?

disma

It looks exactly like a 9 pin serial port. The power is a standard 120v 3 pin plug for the same cable as a computer uses. Ive looked for info on it for days now. I'd hate to fry it by randomly trying to jumper it like an argon... but I may have to try that if no other info surfaces.  :)

disma said:
It looks exactly like a 9 pin serial port. The power is a standard 120v 3 pin pkug for the same cable as a computer uses. Ive looked for info on it for days now. I'd hate to fry it by randomly trying to jumper it like an argon... but I may have to try that if no other info surfaces.  :)

a 9-pin serial will just be logic level stuff... I think it would be pretty hard to screw something up via those ports (but I've also seen some really stupid use of logic pins... stuff that WILL mess up the PSU *cough* laser physics *cough*)

diachi

Apparently the huge DANGER : High Voltage KEEP OUT signs don't deter you ::)

disma

Why should they, ;D actually they entice me! I have built tesla coils with pole transformers that spark 8 foot or more, why would this little thing scare me, plus I wanted to identify the board in it. If it says "High Voltage, keep out" its gotta have good stuff in it! ;D It has some quite large flybacks in it. otherwise, I still dont know what the 9 pin plugs connections are.

Nevermind. It was just the two connectors that are the same as mine. My 9-pin has TTL, On/off, intensity, interlock, and water safety shutoff (essentially another interlock). I'd give you the pinout, but yours looks nothing like mine, so you'd probably just blow it up :(

disma

My question is which pins are for what? If its just ttl then I may play around with it, but it may also have meter outputs, and it may have a power control input as well, in wich case couldn't I damage something by trying to short different pins on it?
:-?

Well fire up the power supply and start taking voltage readings on the pins. Figure out levels and grounds. You could use an O-scope to see if there are any kinds of signals. When that's done begin tracing wires and see where they terminate. Figure out what the electronics are doing at that part of the board using your meters and scopes. It's old fashioned reverse engineering and something you will have to do if you really need to know the pinout and if some kind of jumpering is required just to operate the tube.

disma

ya, I just didnt look forward to it. I finaly have a pump for the cooling, so this is the only thing keeping me from testing it now.

:)