Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New build in progress

I am excited about this one. I apparently stumbled onto a host site that one of our other esteemed members uses and ended up ordering some of the same hosts that he has in some of his "for sale" builds.

I only ordered one of these, so I am just going to keep it as a personal build as I don't want to tread on that person's turf. I'm not sure what the correct etiquette is on the subject.

I do have two hosts that are the same as a different build, but I may make one a personal laser and finish the other one off as a flashlight, but I'm not really sure what is fair regarding builds with higher-end hosts for sale. I guess it will be best for me to take this issue up with them in PM.

Anyway, here is the host along with my custom made heat sink. The sink is made of beryllium copper which is an interesting material.

Beryllium copper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know exactly which alloy I have, my machinist just had some of this laying around from an old project and it was simply marked BeCu.

Even if it is high strength BeCu it should still have anout the same thermal conductivity as aluminum. As big as this piece is, I think it'll work really well as a heat sink. It also fits nice and snug up against the stainless steel, finned head and with some thermal compound I may actually get some radiant heat dissipation as well.

Also, I'm not sure on this yet but I think there's a chance that BeCu may not oxidize like pure copper also.

I'm thinking this would be a good high powered 445nm build.

Here are a few pictures of the parts as I have them right now.

Awesome by tsteele93, on Flickr

Last edited:

Blord

That is one big heavy sink. I am looking forward to your build ! :gj: