Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Battery for lasers Energizer® Advanced Lithium

I was Watching tv when a Energizer comercail came on when like the space shuttle batteryed died.
then at the end they showed new !!Energizer® Advanced Lithium AA, AAA BATTERYS !!!
Hope this will make pen lasers last even longer. Heres the site http://www.energizer.com/products/h...-lithium/Pages/advancedlithium-batteries.aspx
and the specs:
Photos. Tunes. Gaming. You love your tech. But they drain energy like a criminal. Try Energizer® Advanced Lithium - its lithium battery technology maximizes your gear's performance and keeps you going non-stop.

MORE* POWER for the devices you rely on including:

* Wireless gaming accessories
* Hand held games
* MP3 players and portable CD players
* Digital cameras

Other things you should know:

* Last up to 4x longer in digital cameras (versus Energizer® MAX®. results vary by camera)
* Last up to 30% longer in personal audio devices (versus Energizer® MAX®. results vary by device)
* Weigh 1/3 less than standard alkaline
* 10 year storage life
* Leak resistant construction

Attachments

• EA92BP-2.JPG
    EA92BP-2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 165

Re: New Battery for lasers Energizer® Advanced Lit

Ummm, notice on advanced lithium, it says "lasts 4x longer". And on E2 Lithium, 7x longer. I wondered why they made this less powerfull, mabye some things couldn't handle E2. :-?

iewed

Wasn't E2 1.7 volts? Maybe they just lowered it to 1.5V.

I Think Wicked Laser's Contacted and told Energizer that there e2 lithium batteries, were killing there Pulsar laser's because they have no driver ;D ;D
And then they might of lowered the Voltage to 1.5V

Would higher voltage mean higher power? What would be the optimum power for a 120mA blu-ray with 3xAAA?

-Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
Would higher voltage mean higher power? What would be the optimum power for a 120mA blu-ray with 3xAAA?

-Mark
Higher voltage usually doesn't mean more power for diode lasers as long as the voltage is over the threshold voltage. A PHR-803T laser diode has a threshold voltage of somewhere around 5v~6v so without a boost circuit you won't be running a PHR-803T off 3 AAAs.

Back to the batteries, personally I'll stick with my eneloops, the voltage doesn't sag, they last longer in my lasers and they are rechargeable! (Good for the environment, and more importantly, it costs less)

iewed

I don't know about an "optimum power", but what kind of driver are you using?
Your already supplying it with 4.5 volts.

iewed said:
I don't know about an "optimum power", but what kind of driver are you using?
Your already supplying it with 4.5 volts.

A Flexdrive V2. I don't know what current would be optimal. And don't the batteries only supply 1.2V each, even though they are 1.5V?

-Mark