Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New abstract show "Take It" by Kongos

I found this music during a late night music search on Youtube. My ears picked up at the driving beat and musical style changes and then... a singing gorilla. It had to be done. This was a fun one. Fast and dazzling with big expressive abstracts. I wanted to fill the screen with as much light and motion as possible. I wanted your eyes to say: “what did you just put in me?” and then blink and say: “more please”. I learned some new tricks on this one. Good tricks that melt your eyes.

made with LSX, and etherdream dac, and my homemade projector.

That was amazing swamidog. I wish I could see a thread on your hand made projector. I especially liked the amplitude modulated audio waveform in parts where the are just speech. How was that accomplished? + rep.

thanks paul!

there's nothing special about my laser projectors. it's just three single mode diodes (the DTR kit) and dt40w galvos, but i'll post some photos that i shot when i built. it.

the amplitude modulation effect was totally faked. there are features in LSX to create the effect based on the audio being played, but i wasn't satisfied with the effect so i faked it with the abstract editor.

;)

That was amazing swamidog. I wish I could see a thread on your hand made projector. I especially liked the amplitude modulated audio waveform in parts where the are just speech. How was that accomplished? + rep.

I rarely watch music videos but this was a really good laser show, had me watching till the end.

Thank you, swamidog. I'll look forward to your photos. I have no experience building projectors, so it is all new to me. After seeing what you've done with it, I am definitely interested. :)

Last edited: