Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 450 build

Well I had another tough go at this one. It started with me forgetting that the heatsink diameter needed to be shaved down a bit to fit so when I went to put it all together the sink got stuck in the barrel and when I tried to remove it it hit the floor and ripped the diode out of the module. I thaught this killed the diode but it actually just killed the driver. So after making another driver it worked fine. Then I found that these 3.8mm modules I got from 2 different sources were just a little big for these diodes and they needed to be glued into the seat or they could move or fall out. Nooo that diode still died a painfull twist off the pins death.. argh.. anyway's another diode and module and I got it all into a host in the end and I am quite pleased with the results.. Cost me a few extra $$$...

Well here it is...

PL450B in a aluminum 3.8mm module, copper heatsink, Auraura SH-034, AW IMR 16340, home made R6 R11 OVP Ben/RHD Boost driver at 200ma.

IMG_4854 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_4858 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_4862 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_4867 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

3 element lens

IMG_4879 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

9mm 445 lense in DTR custom lense barrel

IMG_4881 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_4891 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_4885 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_4887 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_4883 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

Last edited:

dyeote

Very nice laser Kiz :) glad to see that the diodes from my GB are already being used builds :beer:
:gj: building your own benboost too! Do you re-flow a bunch and then add/change the set resistors manually when you know what current you want, or do you just make them individually?

I have been reflowing them 3 at a time leaving the set resistors off then I just add them as I need. I am going to try another laserluke driver soon but the IC on that one is a biache to reflow I had to sent my last 2 to foulmyst for fixing.