Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 20mW. A few Questions

Sped51

I purchased a Evolution Pro 20mW from Wicked Lasers. On the spec sheet that came with it shows a graph, as im new to higher powered lasers I had a few questions. The X axis shows Power(w) and the line lands between .004-.005 and on the bottom of the graph it states the mean as 45.66. Does this mean the laser is over 20mW?

I have been reading about laser safety and get the idea of "if you think you need goggles, then you do." Should I be using this laser indoors chasing the dog and what not? I tried it real quick against the wall and it was bright! Far brighter than the radio shack green i broke by dropping it. I took it outside and was amazed by how bright the beam was. What can I expect from a laser of this power?

Also, I would like a 5mW green laser for use in a classroom. I think the laser I bought might be to bright for everyday classroom use?? Can someone point me in the direction of a good DURABLE green laser for everyday classroom use.

Thanks,
Sped51

Check Laserglow.com (Lyra series)
and
Z-bolt.com

They both have great 5mW pointers suitable for indoor use with an audience.
5mW is the most you want so that it is not overwhelming.

I purchased a Evolution Pro 20mW from Wicked Lasers. On the spec sheet that came with it shows a graph, as im new to higher powered lasers I had a few questions. The X axis shows Power(w) and the line lands between .004-.005 and on the bottom of the graph it states the mean as 45.66. Does this mean the laser is over 20mW?

I have been reading about laser safety and get the idea of "if you think you need goggles, then you do." Should I be using this laser indoors chasing the dog and what not? I tried it real quick against the wall and it was bright! Far brighter than the radio shack green i broke by dropping it. I took it outside and was amazed by how bright the beam was. What can I expect from a laser of this power?

Also, I would like a 5mW green laser for use in a classroom. I think the laser I bought might be to bright for everyday classroom use?? Can someone point me in the direction of a good DURABLE green laser for everyday classroom use.

Thanks,
Sped51

You are lucky..I have an Evo Pro 40mw that peaks at 46mw and averages 43 or so.It pops balloons and burns black bags and hershey wrappers, but it would make a poor indoor pointer!Try putting the dot on clouds...I suspect you will enjoy it.
The core from wicked is excellent in quality.I recommend it highly.
I bought a core for a friend...and it was hard to give away.Best 5mw pointer I ever used.