Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 200mw green laser from lazerer (new host)

LZCR - 532nm 200mW High Power DPSS Green Laser Pointer

200mw 532nm -- $149.99

Look at this host :p

lzcr5321.jpg

Last edited:

Zeebit

Shiny, looks very good, IMO.

I wonder why it only requires 600mA if it uses a 2W pump diode. Most 2W 808nm pump diodes I've seen require ~1mA or higher. Is it because its power is capped at 200mW?

I wonder why it only requires 600mA if it uses a 2W pump diode. Most 2W 808nm pump diodes I've seen require ~1mA or higher. Is it because its power is capped at 200mW?
I was thinking the same thing...

It's a nice looking laser, but kind of pricey for 200mW... will be interesting to see a review on it.

Maybe it is very limited for added stability. Duty cycle is pretty decent.

Hmm, I have a feeling some of these duty cycles are copy&paste from elsewhere. I never felt safe running my o-like versions of that laser for over a minute. 2 minutes was the absolute max, and frankly I think is asking for trouble. The host has basically zero heatsinking...

Nimoxp

Edit: Looks like this host is offered at 200-300-400- and 500mW! link: http://lazerer.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=lzcr

I am a huge lazerer fan and am glad they finally got a new design. Though they are a great company with great Host, the Host are mostly boring. This is a nice change and am looking fowared to reviews.

I hope they create a 445nm laser out of this host.

Last edited:

Nimoxp

This 500mW 532nm laser came out today I believe. It's kind of odd that there is already a review on this that says from 11/23.
Link:
DPSS high power 532nm-500mw

Maybe they sent out a version to be tested? I very interested in purchasing this version, so if anyone on this forum was the one that tested it, please message me.

He has shipped lasers in the past, before posting them online. For example I had the rifle v2 635nm about a month before it was on the website.

Would be an interesting laser with 500mW+ of green. I wonder if it accepts diffraction grating tips.

EDIT: Talked to Max. This laser will not accept diffraction tips.

Last edited:
I actually ordered one of these on the 16th (200mw model), hoping it will arrive sometime next week. I haven't had too many lasers, but I will gladly share my thoughts and some photos when it arrives. Very excited for it.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I agree, it's a very nice looking host. IMO it looks a little like the JetLasers ti-B titanium.

Just looks like they all use the same schematics for both the hosts and the guts or buy all the parts from the same places. They cut and paste information about the lasers from eachother. I would like to see the laser from the OP in a review or in person with both ends unscrewed. I bet they are the same...

Nimoxp

Just looks like they all use the same schematics for both the hosts and the guts or buy all the parts from the same places. They cut and paste information about the lasers from eachother. I would like to see the laser from the OP in a review or in person with both ends unscrewed. I bet they are the same...

Hmm, I'm not sure that they would be exactly the same. Lazeres lasers tend to all be way over speck, while Warn is the opposite. Warn lasers also has a version of the mini (Arctic) , however Lazerer's version are more powerful and named the Rifle.

I have no doubt the lasers come from the same place, but I wonder if Max works on them to make them more powerful. He did change the lenses of the Rifle upgraded did he not? Maybe someone here knows.