Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NES-SHADES! 3-5 OD! $29 shipped to the US!

Zerius said:
I have just received the goggles I ordered, and to be frank I am extremely dissatisfied.

I paid $29 + 6 for International Priority Mail Shipping, as stated in the title, and received first class mail 3 weeks later, from US to Canada. Why the extra $6 charge for shipping to Canada if it is not priority? First class for the package costed $2.55 and I can not imagine priority mail in the states being any less expensive. I am also dissatisfied with the quality of the goggles, the ones i received had scratches on the surface and was poorly constructed as the whole thing is crooked, and does not sit straight while wearing them.

Overall, the wait has not been good, even my items from DX that were ordered a week later arrived faster than this one. And to top it off customs stuck me with a $8.55 charge because it was a commercial item. (i know this is not the seller's fault, but I am still mad at customs).

Picture

ttp://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3711/dsc01906to8.jpg

Maybe you should have bought the dewault ones, I know your in Canada, maybe you could find a local source up there; but here is a mail order place, they only cost $10.00

toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW0714/

I have a pair of those along with many others, I had my pair tested by my Board Certified Optometrist to be sure.
I brought him a 532nm 125mw Laser along with the Dewault goggles and asked him if he could test them to be sure the goggles would be safe when using the Laser. I picked up everything from him a two weeks later, and he told me my eyes would be perfectly safe while using those goggles with that Laser.

So while I have read from some others in the past they are designed only to enhance red, I would say that neither the dewaults OR the nes-shades come with any kind of certifications that I am aware of in regards to 532nm, and appear to be similar; who knows they might have even been "designed" to enhance red too, since we really don't know who the OEM is, no way to really know for sure. In any case, the dewaults work real well for 532nm and are sold by many retail outlets much cheaper than the nes-shades, it could be all about profits, with the dewaults being mass produced and sold nationwide all over the place, it brings the price down.

There is an extensive thread on candlepower forums too that if you scroll down about half way, you see a nice review done by "Aseras" on the Dewaults;
candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125688&highlight=dewalt+goggles&page=2

little question here, still some left?

If not, any other sources? Should ship to Germany, price possibly around the NESshades

JLSE

Awsome avatar!! lololol it the seagul which steals chips!! I saw a story on that bird on the news a while ago. People even pay the store for the chips, just to see the little pecker make off with the goods!!

wannaburn said:
Awsome avatar!! lololol it the seagul which steals chips!! I saw a story on that bird on the news a while ago. People even pay the store for the chips, just to see the little pecker make off with the goods!!

LOL WUT?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

you bumped a 6 month old thread to complement an invisible avatar that no one can see but you? ::)

or upon closer inspection, an avatar on one of the previous pages...