Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Needing Serious help, green alingment laser purchase

First time posting guys, thanks in advance for any help at all!!!! :bowdown:

I operate a sawmill part time and am desperately needing a reliable green LINE laser that is waterproof, for outside use, cutting logs. The idea is to sight a line down the length of the log so I can raise the head and see where the blade will cut. Would be good to be able to shine 20' and as visible as possible in daylight. 50mw is the power range I was looking for? or higher?...will be used in daylight through dusk. It will be mounted on the head of the sawmill and under vibration during full throttle, the laser will be turned off at full throttle. I only need a constant run-time of 10 min at a time, More is always better though. The sawmill is on a 12v system, but I can use the 3v-5v AA/AAA battery holders and wire in a simple toggle on/off switch. The more simple the better, the machine is stored outside and the less circuit boards the better.

A heatsink/ low profile mount would also be great. Thanks much!!!!!!!

Trying to stay under $200 if possible....I'm new to lasers, but understand as a general rule that quality can cost $$$$.
Jim

Thanks for the reply Encap. Looks like quite a killer setup! Way more then I'm looking for though.....and probably well into the thousand(s) $$$$.

I had to. this song is "curl of the burl" from the album "hunter"
good luck with that

Last edited: