Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some help with Spartan 1watt.

Hey guys new to the forum and need a hand. I bought the Spartan 1 watt and its great far superior the the Arctic IMO. Anyway suddenly the dot has a line in the middle of it. I don't know what caused it and know idea how to fix. If anyone can give me some info that would be great. Thanks in advance. Or email me at Solodarkprince@gmail.com.

You'll probably need to take a pic of it and post what you are referring to.

The laser diode produces a line to begin with not a Dot, so we need to determine if that's all your seeing or if there's more to it than that.

When focused the laser may look like a dot, but when it is pointed further out it will clearly be a line. If the lense is dirty it may also produce "wings" on the laser profile which could be fixed by cleaning the lense.

Yeah the "dot" is really a rectangle just said it that way to save time. In the middle of the rectangle now is a line like the beam is being split. And its less focused than before. I was able to burn plastic at 5 feet but now I have to get right up on it and it takes awhile. Tried new batteries no change. The line is in the center of the rectangular dot horizontally.

This is the second Spartan problem within a day or two...hope this isn't a pattern. No idea what could have caused this problem, the horizontal line thing.

Cant remember if they use corrective optics. Do you think something got misaligned?

As far as we all know, none of the 447 Spartans have proper correctional optics.

According to jedirock (when he opened his up), the 400mW version has an aperture which clips the beam.

The problems sound like diode damage, however. If it is diode damage, most likely COD.

Hence the sudden line appearing through the beam profile, and the drop in power.

The only other possiblity is lens damage.

Yeah I managed to clean it but wish I could get closer to the lens to clean it better. Someone said you can screw the whole top off not just the very top but I don't see how. Also, there are a few things I been looking for had no luck finding. 1, a focusing attachment saw one on the site but they are out of stock so if anyone knows where to find one that would be great. Also, there was a site that had a laser vortex attachment for smaller lasers but that site is down so I was wondering if anyone had made something similar to that for out lasers. Portability is the way. BTW an idiot friend of mine didn't believe.a laser could burn so we proved it to her hand. YouTube under Spartan 1watt vs Renee.

1, a focusing attachment saw one on the site but they are out of stock so if anyone knows where to find one that would be great. Also, there was a site that had a laser vortex attachment for smaller lasers but that site is down so I was wondering if anyone had made something similar to that for out lasers. Portability is the way. BTW an idiot friend of mine didn't believe.a laser could burn so we proved it to her hand. YouTube under Spartan 1watt vs Renee.

Hi. I can't see that vid as I'm replying on a phone, but IIRC, is it that one that looks like it's in a shop, over a counter or something? Anyway, I think someone posted that vid here a while back. Very funny :) As for focusing the Spartan, not an option now, or for some time according to Dragon Lasers.

What I think you saw was a beam expander they offer for some of their other lasers. It isn't compatible with the blue 445 spartan because of the shape of the beam profile. They did mention they're thinking of releasing one for it at some point, but it'll be a while yet.