Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need Laser Building / Parts Buying Advice

Daynosaur

Hi all!

I haven't been building any lasers for almost a decade, except a tiny green one I made, when I saw a 20mW Green diode on AixiZ

I'm out of the loop regarding what is even available in the world of lasers... New diodes, new drivers?

I want to build:
- A tiny up-to 500mW GREEN keychain laser - for this I just need diode and lens buying advice.
- A larger as powerful as possible (but still handheld) GREEN laser - need diode, lens, driver & host advice.
- A large as powerful as possible (handheld) BLUE laser - diode, lens, driver and host advice, but I suspect it will be similar as the previous.

Could somebody please shill me their products?
I've found one web-store - DTR - so far. Where else should I look?

I need help because I don't know what fits together with what among the current offers, nor am I aware of all buying options.

Please help so I can buy the parts to make some lasers! Thank you in advance!

P.S. Apologies if the request seems lazy, but I'm so busy right now, I don't have time to explore the forums as much as I would like, to find everything I might need in time. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

gazer101

If you don't have time to do proper complete research, survival laser is your best bet for sourcing non-diode parts (use DTR or eBay for the diodes).

Here's the build log from my 1W greenie: https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/newly-completed-1w-greenie.107169/

If you do have time though, make a Taobao account and buy from the sellers there. A 1W green laser can be had for under $140 USD all in shipping and taxes included if you play your cards right (even cheaper if you have access to a lathe or recycled projector)

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Hi all!

I haven't been building any lasers for almost a decade, except a tiny green one I made, when I saw a 20mW Green diode on AixiZ

I'm out of the loop regarding what is even available in the world of lasers... New diodes, new drivers?

I want to build:
- A tiny up-to 500mW GREEN keychain laser - for this I just need diode and lens buying advice.
- A larger as powerful as possible (but still handheld) GREEN laser - need diode, lens, driver & host advice.
- A large as powerful as possible (handheld) BLUE laser - diode, lens, driver and host advice, but I suspect it will be similar as the previous.

Could somebody please shill me their products?
I've found one web-store - DTR - so far. Where else should I look?

I need help because I don't know what fits together with what among the current offers, nor am I aware of all buying options.

Please help so I can buy the parts to make some lasers! Thank you in advance!

P.S. Apologies if the request seems lazy, but I'm so busy right now, I don't have time to explore the forums as much as I would like, to find everything I might need in time. Any help would be appreciated!
Ebay is your friend. Can buy a whole bag of diodes, of any color made for the most part if your heart wishes. So many drivers to pick from, cases, lens, you name it. Even find old Russian yag vessels now and then.