Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Need Help!

Sweet_Jvmes

Back in 2012ish I bought this blue/purple laser off this exact site! Super powerful most bad ass thing I had at the time. A couple years went by and it stopped working. I lost touch with the laser world and now I'm back lol. The flashlight is a UltraFire WF-501B

Can anyone tell me what I need to replace and where to buy?? I can solder if needed

Thanks

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 11

Most obvious thing first, how old is the battery you tried using? Did you charge the battery before trying to use the laser?

Reactions: GSS
Back in 2012ish I bought this blue/purple laser off this exact site! Super powerful most bad ass thing I had at the time. A couple years went by and it stopped working. I lost touch with the laser world and now I'm back lol. The flashlight is a UltraFire WF-501B

Can anyone tell me what I need to replace and where to buy?? I can solder if needed

Thanks
Do you remember the builder? Just curious if it Blorg or something close to that name. I don't think he was in the US..
It can't be from Sci-Fi lasers. Its built to good:ROFLMAO: to be from that scammer..

Most obvious thing first, how old is the battery you tried using? Did you charge the battery before trying to use the laser?
I haven't even bothered trying to charge the 2 18350 batteries. It stopped working after it was left on for too long. I know ill need new batteries if i can get the parts.

Do you remember the builder? Just curious if it Blorg or something close to that name. I don't think he was in the US..
It can't be from Sci-Fi lasers. Its built to good:ROFLMAO: to be from that scammer..
Man its been so long I don't remember unfortunately., I remember he had multiple for sale and I chose the camo one in my budget.

I haven't even bothered trying to charge the 2 18350 batteries. It stopped working after it was left on for too long. I know ill need new batteries if i can get the parts.
If it stopped working after being left on too long theres a good chance the diode is cooked. You could replace the diode as long as it has similar voltage and current requirements to the original, and the driver board should run it just fine.

Reactions: GSS

Thanks
We do not allow more than one account. Was was your previous account?

If you replace diode also replace the battery. Anything battery with the name fire is trash, usually rejects from Samsung Panasonic LG ect. LG is really good for high amp. Samsung for longevity mah. Panasonic is my favorite overall, very reliable as my they should have batteries for every application as they have contact to make batteries for most medical devices.

Back