Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need help

justwilliams

I recently bought a laser 301 with a 3000mAh Ultrafire battery coming with it. I notice some problems.
First of all: the dot this laser produces seems to be irregular instead of round. This is especially the case when out of focus. Does this mean the cristal is broken? Or maybe it is the lens? Can I do something about it?
Second: The power drops very quickly (within a fraction of a second) to a dissatisfacting green "dot" that can not even produce smoke on a black surface. At night the beam is faintly visible, unlike video's on youtube concearning the same type of laser. The battery came straight from the charger. Again: can I do somethin about it? Or did I just had bad luck buying this laser?

Should I buy a new one or are the odds to big to get another semi-working laser? Or: should I just buy another type of (more reliable) laser?

Thanks!

haha bro
,if you buy a 301 laser ,maybe it is 12-20$ included shipping,batterry and charge
You will have to take risks, which are poor quality Chinese goods ,instead of choosing to buy a pointer from sanwu laser,it is famous company, it will be much more stable and if you are willing to spend money to buy a green laser pointer, use a laser with 505-520nm diode
fix 301,302,303,... is very difficult,....
good luck for find

justwilliams

haha bro
,if you buy a 301 laser ,maybe it is 12-20$ included shipping,batterry and charge
You will have to take risks, which are poor quality Chinese goods ,instead of choosing to buy a pointer from sanwu laser,it is famous company, it will be much more stable and if you are willing to spend money to buy a green laser pointer, use a laser with 505-520nm diode
fix 301,302,303,... is very difficult,....
good luck for find
Thank you bro. Hope to find one. Fingers crossed.

These 532nm green lasers are the exact same laser whether you buy one from Sanwu or not. They are not the most powerful lasers you can buy as are evident by the price. But, you can get one from eBay for as little as $6.00. I would never get batteries with the laser as these Chinese batteries are always inferior to ones you can get from a reputable dealer locally. I personally prefer to buy the least expensive that I can find and test them individually with a laser power meter. Most come in ~80 mW. Some are as low as 50 mW and others as high as 90mW.