Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help with Survival Laser lll

Saint83

I just purchased the Survival Laser lll host bundle with no diode. Can anyone tell me what diode and what size copper diode module I need to complete this laser build? And where can I find a quality vendor for these parts?

Saint83

I have asked them but got no reply. Would any 9mm 445nm work for this? And I couldn’t find the diameter of the module that I would need for this host. Do you think it is 12mm?

trephanation

The SL-CHS3 is sized to fit a 12mm diameter standard diode module and includes a 3-48 set screw (installed) and a 0.050" Allen wrench. Also fits other Aurora C6 18650 hosts.

Saint83

Yes I did. Nowhere does it specify the size module that fits that heat sink on the parts list. And on the extended and beveled copper heat sink page it does not specify that it is compatible with the host assembly I ordered (SL-003PB)

trephanation

All of their heat sinks fit the same size modules, except the builds which use the 20mm module adapter, in which case the module itself acts as the heat sink. You wont find any heat sinks for non-12mm modules on their site.