Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help to buy a new laser

i have a cheap 5mw green laser, is a good first laser, but the beam is not visible on day and is a bit weak at night, so i want to buy something more visible. I was looking a 50mw green laser, and it seems to be what i want. But i want to know, is safe to use a 50mw outdoor? i will to point it to sky, and use indoor. And i want a beam visible at daylight too. Of course i will not point it directly to my eye, but if i (by accident) point it to someone like 1 meter away, will it cause permanent damage? I also have seen that 50mw lasers can pop balloons. Well, if it can melt thin plastic, is scary what kind of things it could do with the fragile human eye. But i also have heard of blink rate, light diffusion and this kind of thing, that "avoid" damages to the eye, so maybe (hopefully) i'm wrong

I also want some tips on good lasers at aliexpress with real 50mw.
Thanks! :p

If I am not wrong, the chinese markets usually sell overspec lasers. The 5 mw ones usually turn out to be 30-40 mw.