Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help making decision~Regarding Dilda laser

Ok, first i'll kind of introduce myself my name is Timmy and i'm a very NEW laser enthusiast (sorry i think i spelled that wrong) who is having a slight, probably noobie, dilema. My dilema is about the Dilda laser.

I have two dilemas, here is my first:

Where do i buy the Dilda from? either www.Dealextreme.com for $27.83 (because i would be buying 3 so i would get bulk discount) or from www.o-like.com for $45.99. If i buy from www.Dealextreme.com i would have to buy rechargable cr2 batteries for one of the Dildas, as well as a charger for cr2 batteries, which would add $9.30 ($5.48 for the charger and $3.82 for the rechargeable cr2 batteries) so my total for one Dilda from www.Dealextreme.com would be $37.13. If i bought one from www.o-like.com, i would pay $45.99 for the laser (it comes with batteries and charger) and i would have them ship the batteries and charger separate from the laser so it would almost guarantee customs would not take it, and that would add $4.00. So my total for one Dilda laser from www.o-like.com would be $49.99.

So obviously If i were to buy it from www.Dealextreme.com it would be cheaper, but is one better quality or is one a better choice than the other, despite the one from www.Dealextreme.com being $12.86 cheaper?

My next dilema is what style, the old style Dilda or the new style? the old style prices were described above. For the new style Dilda from www.Dealextreme.com $43.02. But i would have to add $5.48 to that for the charger, so the total would be $48.50. For the new style Dilda from www.o-like.com it is $47.99, and i would have the batteries/charger shipped separately, so my total would be $51.99 for one Dilda from www.o-like.com

So to break is down in simplest terms, what Dilda do i buy?

Old style Dilda from www.Dealextreme.com - $37.13?
~OR~
Old style Dilda from www.o-like.com - $49.99
~OR~
New style Dilda from www.Dealextreme.com - $48.50
~OR~
New style Dilda from www.o-like.com - $51.99

Thank you SO MUCH laser pointer community :),

Timmy

Asherz

Hey,

You have a few good questions.

Basically, O-like has great customer service, if you get a broken laser Susie is very quick and will replace it for you :) And most of the time her lasers are on spec (at 200mW.)

How ever DX takes around 1 month or maybe more to get the laser to your door, there customer service is generally pretty crap and you have no idea whether the laser is on spec or not. Normally they are below.

I personally would spend a little extra and go with O-like :)

Hi Timmy,

In addition to what Asherz said above. Keep in mind that DealExtreme no longer ships >5mw lasers to the United States. Seeing as how you live in Michigan, this could be a problem. You can use the shipping service provided by 2007Revoltuion to get the lasers into the U.S., but it will bump up the price a little bit.

To help you make a decision about which laser you want to buy, here are two reviews of the lasers from DealExtreme and O-like.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/200mw-red-laser-torch-dilda-o-like-review-25672.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/dealextreme-200mw-dilda-version-2-new-head-review-43189.html

I turned up these reviews with a few seconds of searching. If you need more information I'm sure you could find other reviews if you looked for them.