Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help finding a flashlight

hello everyone. I am looking for a decent flashlight to keep around the house preferably one that runs on AA or AAA batteries. we seem to have a dozen flashlights laying around the house and they are all very weak and almost pointless to use. So what would you guys suggest? price cap is maybe $40 or so. Thanks!

It's up to you if you want a cheap-o light, or a quality light at a good price. I can't make that penny pinching decision for you :p I suggested based on your price range.

Also, those lights you linked from dx...one of them is an 18650 battery...

Last edited:
Yeah i have a 18650 and charger for my lasers so that i am comfortable with. so you would say that the DX lights are cheap and probably a let down?

I never said that, I said it was up to you if you want a cheap DX flashlight, or a higher quality name brand flashlight (which is still around your price range). Check out some reviews on candlepowerforums and make up your mind from there.

Helios

If you just want a good bright flashlight try this

CREE Q5 WC LED 240 Lumen Zoomable Torch Flashlight Lamp | eBay

$7.50 shipping from California.

It has a cree Q5 led and will beat out any wally world lights. Its not as good or as durable as the one previously posted but its $7.50 so buy 3 of them and never worry about flashlights again. Its even aluminum and not plastic like other cheap lights. I have some nice lights and they are great to collect but for everyday use they tend to be over kill and its nice that this one runs on AAAs so you can just load it and forget it until you need it.

Hmm i might go ahead and get one of those as well. looks nice and very inexpensive. Thanks for the info.

These new AAA flashlights the run on the new cree LEDs make amazing flashlights. they normally run around $20, but you get 100 lumens out of something that's not much larger than the battery itself.

plus most of these have boost drivers in them so in the future you can rip them apart and make a laser out of it :D