Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help buying a laser please

Hello guys. I would like some help buying a laser...

So, I am wanting a 200mW green or red laser. It'd be nice to have one for $70 or less. I have seen a lot at the price. I want it to be super bright (beam visible) and to be able to burn things and maybe put out street lights. I have seen 3. 1 from dinodirect and 2 from o-like.com | Would you guys buy from either of these companies?

The lasers im looking at are here:
808nm 220mW laser torch /adjustable/burning [OL808-200] - $39.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
532nm 200mW Flashlight Style Green Beam Laser Pointer - DinoDirect.com
Cute High power 300mW red laser torch/focusable [OL-CR-250] - $59.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I could really use some help for I am super new to lasers. Please help!

udanis

Well the one o-like you have listed is an ir laser. A very bad idea for a starter high powered laser.

I would never order from dinodirect.com and I have ordered from o-like plenty of times and they have delivered a good product every time

udanis

IR laser?
The lasers im looking at are here:
808nm 220mW laser torch /adjustable/burning [OL808-200] - $39.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
532nm 200mW Flashlight Style Green Beam Laser Pointer - DinoDirect.com
Cute High power 300mW red laser torch/focusable [OL-CR-250] - $59.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Yeah, pretty much invisible to the human eye? You'll only see a faint red dot.

I recommend you read up a bit more on lasers before you buy one.