Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help building first blueray laser

I need help building my very first laser here is a schematic...but is says that i need other stuff for blue ray what might that be?

Attachments

• LM317_components01_007_001.jpg
    LM317_components01_007_001.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,135

jayrob

If you will be using an 803T diode with the DDL driver that you have the diagram for there, you will be using just one of the 10 ohm resistors instead of two. (or you can use the exact set up with the two 10 ohm resistors along with the pot to make it adjustable)

This would give you about 125mA's current, which would drive the diode at about 110mW's. For that set up, you will want to use a 9 volt supply. You could get away with 2 X 3.6 volt batteries, but a 9 volt set up is probably better.

In the top of each section, there are tips for you in the FAQ thread. You will want to read up on diode pin out connections, and testing driver current. (the blu-ray pin connection is different then this diagram, which shows a red connection) Use an AixiZ acrylic module.

Also, this style driver will hold a charge in the cap, so it is important to short the leads after testing, before you connect the LD! :)
Jay

jayrob said:
Also, this style driver will hold a charge in the cap, so it is important to short the leads after testing, before you connect the LD! :)

I don't think this can be stressed enough, I read about too many diodes blown due to charged capacitors upon diode connection.

Also, I think the pins on the 803t are different than shown in the diagram.

Attachments

• PHR803Tpins.gif
    PHR803Tpins.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,818