Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need driver help schematic with diagram has no protection diode

IDK.... wouldn't the first choice be to contact the seller....:thinking:

Or am I the only one that goes back to the Seller/Manufacturer
if something is questionable about a product...
Then... if it doesn't pan out... I will look elsewhere for answers...:cool:

BTW.... looks like someone didn't discharge the 47uF cap....
before connecting the LD... :cryyy:

Jerry

i shorted out the cap and even checked it with my dmm............... and also contacted the seller who seems to be of no help, and the current was set with a dummy load of a 1 ohm resistor and enough diodes in series to get a 4.5 volt drop......

and i dont even know what kind of diode that was, but for the price and the power it looked like it had, i dont think ill be able to find anywhere else

Last edited:

i shorted out the cap and even checked it with my dmm............... and also contacted the seller who seems to be of no help, and the current was set with a dummy load of a 1 ohm resistor and enough diodes in series to get a 4.5 volt drop......

and i dont even know what kind of diode that was, but for the price and the power it looked like it had, i dont think ill be able to find anywhere else

That's just a PHR diode. You can get them from at least three different websites (two if which I mentioned above) and in the BST section here. VERY common diode, also WAY too expensive from that ebay seller.

Also, regarding your driver, as I said before as long as you have assembled it correctly it will work. That circuit has been built hundreds of times on this forum alone, with GREAT results. I myself have built at least 20 of those drivers. Without a picture of your driver, it's impossible to tell what went wrong.

Last edited: