Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need driver help for 20-50mw laser

Proton

It is a red laser in an Aixiz module, How many mA do I need as an output? Or if I could make one how would you recommend I do so?
or if you know where there may be some conversion charts or formulas for things like mw
Thank you

pJxPB6c.png

What laser are you talking about? "red" is all-but-useless.

"What kind of car do you have?"
"A blue one."

Proton

pJxPB6c.png

What laser are you talking about? "red" is all-but-useless.

"What kind of car do you have?"
"A blue one."
It’s a 650nm 28mw laser dot laser with a supply voltage range of 3 to 4.2V
That’s all the info I have. I think it should need like 70mA.

Encap

Ask whoever sold it to you to if it even needs a "driver" -- it may have a driver and all you need is a standard 3 to 4.2V LI ion battery---if not ask the seller to provide the diode specs

That's all the info you have? You don't have a link to the product page or even remember where you bought it? If so, you are hopelessly and exceedingly bad at this hobby, and maybe it isn't for you.

More information would be exceedingly helpful., I can tell you that the power rating into the driver is not a useful parameter. These drivers are set for the amount of current they will supply to the diode. Some are adjustable, others aren't. So you should be looking for the amount of current the driver will supply. The output power will differ some from diode to diode.

Proton

I don’t get what y’all mean? The Mw/W of the laser, diode type, model number and amps needed is all you need? I just built a good 1.3watt blue laser with a resistor, capacitor, and lm317, why be so rude? It’s my first laser mate
I meant t
That's all the info you have? You don't have a link to the product page or even remember where you bought it? If so, you are hopelessly and exceedingly bad at this hobby, and maybe it isn't for you.
I don’t get what y’all mean? The Mw/W of the laser, diode type, model number and amps needed is all you need? I just built a good 1.3watt blue laser with a resistor, capacitor, and lm317, why be so rude? It’s my first laser mate

Wet noodle whippings by the masters of the noodle, but you did start the thread out without giving enough information. Just link to where you bought it from, maybe we can see what the diode is.

Hope not a HMT, but likely.

GSS

One of the confusion is that if it's a 650nm running and doing 28mw means it already has a driver that your powering with a 3V to 4.V source.
Another is Axis sells complete red dot laser modules with 2 wires ready for a power source, and they also sell just the module's were you press in your own diode.
There are tons of red laser diodes alone from different companys and just saying 28mw doesn't mean anything.
How did you get info on your 1.3W blue build? Posting pic's make a huge difference.
I really hope we aren't being trolled??

Last edited:
That makes sense, doesn't matter if HMT, the answers provided are a resource for other members.