Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need C mount 808

Where can I find 2 watt C mount 808 diodes ?? I know of Snoctony -- any others ??

Mike

Well, why exactly are you trying to avoid snoctony? The answer to your question may depend on your answer to mine ;)

Pseudo --

Simple answer  --  Competition !!  Who else is out there ??

I've ordered from him before and his product is always good.

Mike

S

SenKat

Junktronix on ebay ? I have "heard" they have decent stuff....

SenKat said:
Junktronix on ebay ? I have "heard" they have decent stuff....

Well, I ordered some 15mW 635nm diodes from Kevin years ago, and they are still going strong in my pointers after hundreds of hours of use. He used to have some high power pump diodes.

I've had reports from others that Junktornics diodes can range from 806 to 812 nM. The green crystals are too frequency sensative to accept that range. Also, I don't find him on ebay now.

Mike

Aseras

any diode has a few nm up or down range. that's why the lab laser are tec cooled and also why in pointers to a bit the power drops substantially. Aside from the heat causing optic problems with expansion it also affect the wavelength emitted.

think about how laser diodes are made, they have two layers that the energy jumps back and forth to and it oscillates/resonates to make the wavelength according the the frequency of the light. the diodes heat up real fast so until the temp stabilizes they jump all over the place. the only way you get super precise wavelength and optic specs with with very very accurate tec control and power management. that's the difference between a 1,000 lab unit and a 35,000 lab unit that look almost the same on paper beside the power stability and such.

ive ordered from sno before, when he used to charge less for shipping...

according to a member of LPF, why would I pay 20.00 dollars for shipping of an item that wheigs less than a paperclip??

if it was expediated shipping, then the story would differ.

I heard Kenom was making barrels to fit C-mount style diodes? Ill have to look into that one, mabe i can finally do the 2000mW C-mount diode...

amkdeath said:
ive ordered from sno before, when he used to charge less for shipping...

according to a member of LPF, why would I pay 20.00 dollars for shipping of an item that wheigs less than a paperclip??

I heard Kenom was making barrels to fit C-mount style diodes? Ill have to look into that one, mabe i can finally do the 2000mW C-mount diode...

This also the reason I won't buy from him :)

About those C-mount barrel from Kenom, where you find that info? You think exactly like mine, want to build my own 2000mW or even 5000mW C-mount...
Hope those barrel built to accomodate CR123 or 18650...

Bernhard said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1199937708/0#8 date=1200200419]ive ordered from sno before, when he used to charge less for shipping...

This also the reason I won't buy from him :)

About those C-mount barrel from Kenom, where you find that info? You think exactly like mine, want to build my own 2000mW or even 5000mW C-mount...
Hope those barrel built to accomodate CR123 or 18650...[/quote]
he said after he finishes this run (the kryton barrels) he will gather some cahs to do another run but this time with C-Mount diodes

its in his GB barrels thread somewhere

SenKat said:
Junktronix on ebay ?  I have "heard" they have decent stuff....

SenKat I havent seen you post in a while, I thought you had withdrawn from LPF