Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need assistance, here is what I want to do, what do I want?

Hey all, sorry if this all has been asked before, I tried searching and there is just so much info here I was having a hard time digging through it all.

Here is what I want to do:

I would like a projector that is able to draw pictures such as this:
http://deeness.net/draw/20081124-front-on-face-drawing.png

I would also want it to be able to do outline text like:
http://www.webdesign.org/img_articles/2786/5.gif

As far as colors go, I really dont need a lot of color, maybe just one. I would like the laser to be pretty powerful (able to draw on the side of a bldg) but I would like to keep the cost down. Definitely needs to be less than 1k, would hope to be less than $500 (but honestly I do not know what I need)

Attachments

• 20081124-front-on-face-drawing.png
    20081124-front-on-face-drawing.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 5.gif
    5.gif
    6 KB · Views: 111

IsaacT

You should go say high to the guys over at photonlexicon as they will be able to give you more projector specific information. From what I know though, doing a self built projector is going to cost more like 2000 dollars for what you want. And then you also need software to plot the frames and that isn't cheap either. Last I checked it ran about 400 just for the software.

If you go for something prebuilt, you could walk away for maybe 750 total but it may not be as powerful as you want.

Additionally the lighting of the area you will be projecting in will matter as any lighting is going to increase the power you will need to make it visible.

That information is all accurate as far as I know. If I fudged something up somebody correct me.

$500 is about the minimum for a system that can do this, unless you're proficient with electronics and mechanical engineering.