Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need Advice RayFoss Lasers, Budget: 80< Power: 100> ?

I live in the United States. California to be EXACT
My budget is 80$ USD
Power Wanted is Atleast 100mW
I dont care much about design, looking at rayfoss things look ok.
Color. Green Preferred, unless other colors will shine into the sky better or burn better :drool:
Help would be really Appreciated!

Looking at this: www.rayfoss.com

The Lasers on the front page, The model www.rayfoss.com

I want a solid 100MW if possible.

Help wanted from people who have bought?

First post!
Thank you in advance, looks like a nice community.

~~GoBananas

:lasergun:

Last edited:

If you want to burn for under $100 you will need to get a red laser instead. A red laser beam is much harder to see though.

For visibility at 100mW nothing will beat 532nm - green.

So the choice given what you said is red or green depending what is more important, burning or visibility.

Of course if you want the best option from both worlds on a budget a 445nm - Blue makes more sense. The budget would have to go up a little though... you can buy a blue laser for under $150, or build one for even less. Of course if you do that you need to also factor in the cost of goggles.

Keep in mind with this laser, if you're gonna try to burn, you are gonna need goggles.

Rayfoss is pretty reputable, although without an LPM you won't be able to tell if the laser is up to spec. For a budget legit company it's either rayfoss or o-like.

Welcome to the forum. Prepare to spend a lot more than you planned. Enjoy :eg:

Last edited:
Thank you so much for replying!
I never thought YOU would reply :D.
You seem very active.
Anyways. Im really confused now.
I want green, since blue seems pretty expensive.
Im looking around everywhere, o-like,rayfoss
Rayfoss: www.rayfoss.com 100mW
0-Like: Silver chrome green laser 100mW/good finish [OLSGL100] - $62.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
Rayfoss2: www.rayfoss.com

Blue: Rayfoss: 120mW Sounds good? www.rayfoss.com
SCRATCH BLUE@!! lol, 405nm freq is violet, which i dont want :D
Im looking at those lets see, 4 lasers?
Green for sure, i dont really like R3D :D.

I know you prolly have to go though this a couple times a day and 20 times a week. I looked around on these forums and gave this a shot hope im not bothering you.

So, summing the current situation.
Blue
Green
No Red

Keys:
Burn
Bright
Visiblity

Budget.
Quality.

Maybe hard to get at such a tight budget?

~G0B4N4N4S

Yes i do see that i am going to spend more than a hour here

:(

Last edited:
^^^Glad to help.

For $100 or less if red is not an option than you really can't expect to burn much, although a green laser >100mW will/should pop a black balloon.

It's a little over your budget but I'd recommend this: 150mW transformable green laser/adjustable [OLV6100] - $108.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

The "Cutie" design is also pretty nice, but not as good: New cute pocket Green laser 100mW /adjustable [OLCGL100] - $71.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products the good news is it will provide you with enough of a margin for under $100 to get goggles.

If you plan to use the laser only for pointing and mainly outside, and you're careful (read paranoid) goggles aren't really needed, but if you plan to try to do any kind of burning, invest in goggles. On a budget these are a good option: RadiantShades for Blue and Green Lasers

If you haven't played with any high powered lasers, 100mW of green will be VERY impressive to you.

As for spending time on here... first you lurk for a while, than you register, than you apparently go laser crazy - at least that's the usual progression.

Go with RayFoss or O-like for sure, and definitely go with green as a first laser. It was my first laser... and I did the exact same thing you did... lurk for a while, then ask a question about what laser I should get first... now I am addicted, building my own lasers!

You'll enjoy this hobby!