Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need advice on 200mW green build

I have a module on the way- first plan was to make a labbie--- http://www.laserlands.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=120 ...................................................the 'torch' they offer takes a 3.6v 18650 rechargable--am I correct assumimg the module will have the same needs?? Laser-King Military-Grade 200mW Waterproof 532nm Laser Torch - $199.00 : Laserlands .................................................then I ran across a thrift-shop 'freebie' possible host-a Hubbellite waterproof flashlight that uses three 'd' cells-plus room for a huge heatsink----so if I use duracells that would br 4.5 vdc--would that be overkill??...should I use 1.2 vdc rechargable 'd's instead or whaddaya think??--appreciate any info--HZ

I know this is not about geese-guns-lost GFs etc J/K - just a laser question and perhaps I am being impatient - but any help would be greatly appreciated-bump- thnx HZ

Last edited:

Benm

You can power any module intended for 3.6 volt from three 1.5 volt cells by simply adding a diode in the circuit to drop about 0.8 volts.

One thing to keep in mind is that alkaline batteries drop voltage pretty quickly with discharge. It might very well be preferable to use much more voltage stable batteries like nicd/nimh rechargeables. If you do, you are in luck, since 3 nimh cells actually provide 3.6 volts as-is, and the whole contraption should work without any voltage altering tricks.