Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need advice for first 445 build

IsaacT

Hey, I hate to do these kinds of threads, but I really need some expertise here. First, my problem is I am trying to figure out what all I need to do heatsink wise with my Microboost. I am using an Ehgemus 5 Groove host(btw-Ehgemus, this thing has blown my mind. Pictures don't do it justice, it is sleek, sexy, and waiting to be filled......BY A DIODE! :crackup:) and it will fit nicely in the pill....

I was thinking I would just wrap it in electrical tape to avoid any shorts but will it overheat too bad? I am running it at 1A, so I don't think I am pushing the driver too terribly much....anyway, what are yalls thoughts?

Also, if I do need to heatsink it, will a coin mod work? And if so, does anyone know of a store that actually sells the Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive(not online...)? Any good alternatives to the Arctic Silver? I have the Arctic Silver Compound but that doesn't ever set....

Are there any coins which do not conduct electricity that I could use? I figure if there were I could just crazy glue the driver to it?

Anyway, thank yall in advance for any help you can give! :bowdown: I am really looking forward to my first 445 and all these roadblocks are killing meeeee.

Peace and much thanks,
Isaac

IsaacT

thanks, anyone else care to voice their opinion on this matter?

PS- Happy Turkey Day! :gobble gobble: