Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need advice for <5mw laser

Now i know that there isnt such thing as a CHEAP laser but anything below $40 for a greenie im a nuub when it comes to lasers and ive had a choice from opotronics(think i spelled it right) and its $33 and i also am seeing dx extreme i heard bad things about them too soo im just also wondering should i go and wait for dx extreme and install a IR filter or not and get a diffrent one?

DX has good lasers for beginners, most other places a 5mW will cost more than the true 30mW, granted there is quality differences but if you've never seen a green laser before a DX laser would be a good start

but what ponders me is i hear that the ir filter leaks if im correct then thats bad for my eyes and it seems that opotronics is better for only $13 more bucks..i could get a greenie, also i dont want to spend $50 on googles

diachi

You dont need to worry about IR from a <30mW pointer . And you wont need goggles for 30mW either. Go with DX.

Diachi