Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a new source for batteries!!!

Does anyone have a good recommendation for 3.6v batteries and chargers? I used to shop Battery Junction but they had a fire at their warehouse (according to their site) and are no longer taking any new orders. I've found other sites but I don't know how trustworthy they are and most don't carry the chargers - only the batteries. I would like to get both at the same time... I have recently placed an order with shoponshop for two SoShine 3.6v 10440 batteries and charger and I am crossing my fingers that they are not just another site that just takes your money as I have never dealt with them before.

RJD

Does anyone have a good recommendation for 3.6v batteries and chargers? I used to shop Battery Junction but they had a fire at their warehouse (according to their site) and are no longer taking any new orders. I've found other sites but I don't know how trustworthy they are and most don't carry the chargers - only the batteries. I would like to get both at the same time... I have recently placed an order with shoponshop for two SoShine 3.6v 10440 batteries and charger and I am crossing my fingers that they are not just another site that just takes your money as I have never dealt with them before.

ModWerks
I bought all five that he had of the chargers but I am sure he will get more, at least I hope so! Battery charger $12.99/Rechargable 3.6v batteries $5.99
Tested them and they work great with my LOCD's and the charger operates great it's also very compact!!! If you e-mail him he should give you an idea of when or if he is getting more. I have been searching everywhere myself and he sure saved the day!

3.6-3.7v AA 14500size Li-Ion rechargable battery (2 pack) [BATT1] - $5.99 : Modwerx Shop
Battery chargers : Modwerx Shop

Nobody here mentioned dealextreme?!

Pair of 18650s = $8.10
Pair of 14500s = $4-5
pair of 10440s = $5

Chargers of all shapes, sizes, colors, and flavours, from $7 to $15 I think.

I agree deal extreme would be my first choice. I got my batteries and charger from them for $12! no shipping costs. Got them and they work great!

Be carefull to DXs 18650s though:
DealExtreme: $8.10 TrustFire Protected 18650 Lithium Battery (2500mAh 2-Pack Blue)

There are the only ones under $10 worth buying, don't buy grey ones, neither similar blue 'uniquefire' , even if they are couple of cents more.

I have read some forum reviews (DX forum), these are actually tested and confirmed to be around 2300 mAh capacity.
Others are well under 2000 mAh, and dropping rapidly with each cycle.

For 14500 and 10440, not much difference in different brands.
Just pick cheapest ones, but in a bulk, you will find some dead batteries here an there.

Thanks for all the replies! I have bought from DX before but man they take forever to ship!!! I'll definitely check into some of these other sites.