Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a laser to use for training purposes...

I play airsoft and paintball and like to use lasers for target shooting and playing.. I want something more powerful for airsofting but not dangerous. Any good laser in the price range of $99 that wont be to harmful if gets in eyes.. I want a really high ranger pointer. Thanks :D

We have rule. That rule is to write an introductory first post the the appropriate subforum.

A good suggestion is to read the Sticky threads.

diachi

Two people, with two different usernames, both posting for the first time, looking for lasers to use for airsoft at the exact same time? :thinking:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I play airsoft and paintball and like to use lasers for target shooting and playing.. I want something more powerful for airsofting but not dangerous. Any good laser in the price range of $99 that wont be to harmful if gets in eyes.. I want a really high ranger pointer. Thanks :D

You will need to stay under 5mw or what ever your local laser laws limit is.

It depends on what you mean by long range. Besides, no one likes getting a direct hit in the eyes with a laser. It is painful even at power levels than are unlikely to cause damage. IMO, that would be under 1 mW. Still gonna hurt, though.

badscr

IMO.
To me a projecting laser would be a tactical disadvantage. Maybe beneficial in CQB but not at range unless your trying to draw attention.

Giving the high risk of eye strikes, I would not do it (maybe it’s a show thing and not used in combat). Keep it below 1mw and to get longer distance with smallest dot size use a Beam Expander.

Last edited:

Gazen

Read up on your local laws regarding lasers, but the highest power regarded as safe for brief exposure is 5mW. A 5mW 532nm will probably be optimal, since it is one of the most visible wavelengths and typically has good divergence. Just make sure it is ir filtered.