Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nebo csi tactical laser build

Status
Not open for further replies.
well laze heads... here's my nifty little project to stuff a 300MW red OC laser into a NEBO CSI and still have room for everything....please note an LM317 resides in the pill of this flashlight. i spent less than 10 dollars on this laser host. heres some pics with instructions as we go.

first off here it is in its finished form.
0515092003.jpg

note: the beam is weak because im still awaiting my ultrafire aaa's
0515092005.jpg

as you can see i have COMPLETE access to the potentiometer to adjust on the fly, i use this as a safety mechanism...i dont know if any of you have kids...but im not willing to let them get near this laser...but if they do it will be virtually harmless at the level i set it to before i put it away....but when im by my lonesome i turn that puppy up to 450ma ^_^
0515092003b.jpg

and here is my clicky tailcap i used to replace the side button "only because the sidebutton assembly resided in the pill originaly" but i needed room for the giant LM317 wich i rebuilt in the most compact way. plus it gave me access to the pot as i please so it worked out perfect!"for my needs anyways"
0515092004.jpg

and another angle of the finished product.
***EDIT: removed due to sensitive people...***

If you feel i was not detailed enough in any aspect please feel free to say so and i will do my best to add more detailed photos and assembly instructions...about the only thing i didnt mention is that this flashlight unscrews into 3 parts wich makes it MUCH easier to work with,its cheap and almost as small as the pocket pal...its about 3/4 of an inch longer i do believe? correct me if im wrong.

anyways just wanted to share my cheap alternative with others, i still think the pocket mini is a BILLION times cooler but you gotta have moola... lol

~Dark

Last edited:

QUICK ADDON: forgot to mention the pill in this flashlight is PLASTIC. wich is MUCH easier to hollow out than an aluminum pill. just thought i'd mention that. made my life a hell of allot easier.

Hey Darkamyofone...
what do you mean by "CSI tactical laser" ... does it have a
different application than a standard Laser Pointer with a narrow beam...:cool:

Jerry

No, Thats the name of the flashlight. like the ACTUAL name on the package "Nebo CSI tactical LED flashlight" It also has a laser in the middle of the ring of 8 LEDs, but its a sheisty >5mw maybe 8mw if you use 1.5v aaa's. it was only 8 bucks at k mart.

Last edited:
encriminating if people knew where i reside. but ANYWAYS i didnt notice that...no need to really point it out if i might add. and this flashlight was found at K-mart "as stated above, you must have been distracted".

and no heatsink at the moment. this heatsink is a little less wider than the readily available 1 inch heatsinks so im just waiting for the right choice to come along wich very well may be just buying a block and lathing it down.

and i only run it for 45 seconds at a time, im well aware that 450Ma with no heatsink will kill it quick, but if you practice good laser care it should be ok, i always let it sit for about 2-3 mins after the duty cycle is up.

and im glad you found a better host for 5 dollars, clap clap.

man people are negative as EDIT on here. EDIT, why cant people just keep it LASER ORIENTED, who would have thought a EDIT bottle of tree would create more excitement than the EDIT laser. first im a salesmen, now im a pothead! i love it.

glad to know everyone has enough time to EDIT on my threads. thanks

Last edited:
yeah, you can EDIT off. its people like you who ruin places like this, with things just like this! congratulations! you look like an EDIT!

TOPIC CLOSED, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

Last edited:
I didn't ruin anything, you started exagerating, we tried to help by saying that you should use a heatsink... I wasn't the guy who made the comment about your medicine bottles. Nice laser, I like the host. It should look very cool with the heatsink. That beam will look nice with the good batteries.

Lol, I was never mean...
And I never wanted to be mean...

I'm serious. And not sarcastic. I didn't want to insult you...
You just brought it of topic, by using a bad language.

Hope you get to build other lasers...

encriminating if people knew where i reside. but ANYWAYS i didnt notice that...no need to really point it out if i might add. and this flashlight was found at K-mart "as stated above, you must have been distracted".

and no heatsink at the moment. this heatsink is a little less wider than the readily available 1 inch heatsinks so im just waiting for the right choice to come along wich very well may be just buying a block and lathing it down.

and i only run it for 45 seconds at a time, im well aware that 450Ma with no heatsink will kill it quick, but if you practice good laser care it should be ok, i always let it sit for about 2-3 mins after the duty cycle is up.

and im glad you found a better host for 5 dollars, clap clap.

man people are negative as shit on here. fuck, why cant people just keep it LASER ORIENTED, who would have thought a fucking bottle of tree would create more excitement than the damn laser. first im a salesmen, now im a pothead! i love it.

glad to know everyone has enough time to shit on my threads. thanks
Just a heads-up...

You are the one responsible for the pictures that you post...
If you would have posted a picture of a laser and in the background
there was a cadavre with a knife sticking out of it...
Don't expect us to ignore it... If there is something you don't want us
to see then don't post the picture of it here...
Getting mad at the member that noticed your weed makes no sense..
You should be mad at yourself for not seeing it first...

And lashing out and swearing... only shows your age...
[Edit} Sorry... I just checked your profile.. you're 21... thought you were younger..

Jerry

Last edited:
first of all the "background" of that photo went un-noticed and has been since removed. and why dont you go ahead and scoll through every thread i've started and tell me if someone hasnt made some un-necisary, useless comment. it gets VERY annoying. and amends were maded with those who annoyed me, wich you obviously overlooked. its one post above.

and why? oh why did you feel the need to make ANOTHER useless comment wich no good could possibly come from. i would have thought you of all people laserbee would have left good enough alone, and i've lost all respect for you as a result. you talk about my age?... yet you dont even know me? a little judgmental arent we?

and i used to think you were one of the most contributive people on the forums... maybe i was wrong.

now if you can bare it, refrain from leaving another useless, pointless post in this already destroyed topic. all i tried to do was share a project i had finished. and because of a stupid background mishap people are acting retarded. I wasnt mad simply because of one post. you do not, and will not know the entire story. think of it as the straw that broke the camels back.

JUST LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, another post only means another answere, so just avoid the temptation to speak your mind, i really dont care.

IF A MODERATOR SEES THIS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC.

Lol, I was never mean...
And I never wanted to be mean...

I'm serious. And not sarcastic. I didn't want to insult you...
You just brought it of topic, by using a bad language.

Hope you get to build other lasers...

no one said you were being mean, and the language i admit was un-necisary, i was just pissed because someone always seems to change the focus of any thread i start. and im not saying YOU did that, it just got my goat at that moment and i vented.

felt like clarifying that.

first of all the "background" of that photo went un-noticed and has been since removed. and why dont you go ahead and scoll through every thread i've started and tell me if someone hasnt made some un-necisary, useless comment. it gets VERY annoying. and amends were maded with those who annoyed me, wich you obviously overlooked. its one post above.

and why? oh why did you feel the need to make ANOTHER useless comment wich no good could possibly come from. i would have thought you of all people laserbee would have left good enough alone, and i've lost all respect for you as a result. you talk about my age?... yet you dont even know me? a little judgmental arent we?

and i used to think you were one of the most contributive people on the forums... maybe i was wrong.

now if you can bare it, refrain from leaving another useless, pointless post in this already destroyed topic. all i tried to do was share a project i had finished. and because of a stupid background mishap people are acting retarded. I wasnt mad simply because of one post. you do not, and will not know the entire story. think of it as the straw that broke the camels back.

JUST LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, another post only means another answere, so just avoid the temptation to speak your mind, i really dont care.

IF A MODERATOR SEES THIS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC.

Threatening me to not post... :tsk: that's gonna go far...:whistle:

Take a deep breathe......

Now take a pill.... or smoke a joint...

Now relax....

No one is on your case... I read the entire Thread...
I am a member here just like you and I have the right to Post my opinion
wherever I deem fit... Not you or any other member will take that right
away....:cool:

The only one that will tell me where I can or can not post is the Admin...
and the last time I checked that wasn't you.

I don't care if you respect me or not....
I don't care that you don't want me to post my opinions...
I don't care if you post pictures of your weed...
I'm sorry I posted what that you don't want to hear......
but I don't care....
Whatever you think changes nothing in my life... because
I don't care...

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.