Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ND YAG Kill Joy

Okay I don't know where else to put this topic in so I put it in General. Please Admin if you need to move please do,,,, Okay I had a US laser many years ago that I traded for a city bus. It was an open frame head as that was how it was installed. I have my Quantronix head and it too is open with no cover, The optical path has little tubes between the Qswitch and the mirrors and all the other optics on the head. I am buying a power supply for it and needed a pump as it is not with the power supply. A lady at this place that sells parts for this laser told me that she never seen any ND YAG heads without a cover like mine. but I have seen them without a cover and on mine there are no places or screw holes on the sides to screw a cover nor any plates in the front or back of the head either She says the optics are all going to be contaminated, meaning all needing replacement ., but I have seen open heads before. anyone know if she is right or wrong? I can't upload a picture casue of the size requirement and i don't know how to do it. Thanks again Tom.

Here is a link to a picture ... Hope it works

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/dressur4/library/?view=recent&page=1

Last edited:

diachi

The tubes are there to keep out contamination. Even if the optics are contaminated, they can usually be cleaned, unless it has been running with dirty optics resulting in damage to the coatings/substrates.