Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nanometer uses.

For britghness, the peak sensitivity of our eyes is 555nm and it shifts down to 507nm at night. And for burning, the lower the wavelength the better is the burning capability.

I was looking at the fixed focus 532nm 300mw Equlity series on jet lasers... How is that that laser? Does anyone know? How much more visable would that be compared to my ExPro v2 assassin?

Razako

I was looking at the fixed focus 532nm 300mw Equlity series on jet lasers... How is that that laser? Does anyone know? How much more visable would that be compared to my ExPro v2 assassin?
That laser would be much more visible than your current laser. As for burning capabilities it will be able to melt plastic, light matches and slowly burn through black newspaper.

So fixed focus just means it dosent focus... As far as the jet laser green lasers is this just as good as the other green ones.. I just wanna be able to shoot a highly visable beam as far as needed.

Razako

So fixed focus just means it dosent focus... As far as the jet laser green lasers is this just as good as the other green ones.. I just wanna be able to shoot a highly visable beam as far as needed.
Yeah. Only difference is that it's already focused to infinity. Focusable lasers are mainly nice for burning things because you can focus the light down to a tiny point. If you just wanna point and have a highly visible beam it doesn't really matter.

That's exactly what I needed to know! Yeah I'm kinda seeing if you want a good burning laser and also a good visbilty laser it's best to buy 2 different lasers.. Correct?

Razako

That's exactly what I needed to know! Yeah I'm kinda seeing if you want a good burning laser and also a good visbilty laser it's best to buy 2 different lasers.. Correct?
Not necessarily. That green 300mw will still burn pretty decently. However it won't really compare to one of those cheapo $60 ebay 445nm lasers if burning is the goal. Green is the best wavelength for visibility, while 445nm tends to have the best $ to power ratio. If you want a highly visible laser and a moderate amount of burning power a 300mw green will work great. If you want a less visible laser with higher burning power go for a 445.

Last edited:
I understand that... I'm sure that $250 green 300mw will burn... But I'm guessing I could get a much better burner then that for $250 right? Just give me a excuse to buy more lasers please lmao!!

yep a 300mw of green will be a great burner and having a very solid beams.

a 445nm will burn better though due to putting out a hell lot of power....with $250 you can get up alot of burning power... 3000mw +

Wow I'm glad I know this now... Here I'm looking at lasers like why the heck is this 300mw green and this 2000mw blue the same price... Its all starting to come together now... Thanks so much for all the education! You guys are awesome and obviously know what you are talking about!

So Isaac do you build both? I know you said you could build a 5watt blue for me... But I think I want a better visable laser now that I'm finding out mines not as cool as I thought. Do you just do burning or what could you build for a "light up the moon laser"?

I like the sound of that!!😀 are the lasers you build 100% visable light or no?