Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

My X-105 Nova Laser review

tomek

New member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
7
Likes
0
Points
0
After returning my underpowered / defective  starphaser 125 to wickedlasers..   I decided to take my business to a real laser company.

I ordered the X-105 from Novalasers.

I emailed Novalasers before ordering because i had a few questions,  they actually sent me the output power of an x-105 they had in stock...   it was powerful enough to pass for an x-125.  

i knew what i was paying for  :)


This thing can light a match in 2 seconds

I noticed the laser model is different from the starphaser as well,  its slightly smaller and its beam diameter really is tighter.


Shipping?  took 2 days with TNT shipping  ($24.00)

amazing f\cking deal

i would recommend this company to anyone



*edit* removed F-bomb
 

Justin

New member
Joined
Feb 16, 2007
Messages
496
Likes
39
Points
0
While I'm sure NOVA appreciates your excitement, you may want to edit the f-word out of your review lest you incur the wrath of the moderators.
 
S

SenKat

Guest
Justin said:
While I'm sure NOVA appreciates your excitement, you may want to edit the f-word out of your review lest you incur the wrath of the moderators.
Wrath incurred ! :mad:

Folks - we CAN get the idea by placing a space holder in place of one or two letters in our posts - some "soft" language is mostly acceptable, but the SUPER (not to be spoken in front of 6th graders) hard ones wil be removed from your posts if they happen to sneak in there. I am fairly consistent in my search for this stuff- don't think I am singing anyone out - unless you become a habitual offender...then other actions are taken. Thanks for listening to my mini-rant :D

G !
 

LarryQ

New member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
726
Likes
3
Points
0
I hear you...

My X-105 came in way above my expectations!!!

What were your specs?

Mine came marked 128.2 Mw Peak 114.8 Mw Avg.

It included a free diffraction grating with it as well..."Time Tunnel".

TNT shipping at 24 bucks was 24-25 HOURS from the time I PLACED MY ORDER to when the laser was IN MY HAND!!!!

I can see that this will not be my only laser from Nova!

Now If I can find a spare 2 grand lying around I can order that Nova 350!!!

LarryQ
 

styropyro

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
5,385
Likes
477
Points
0
LarryQ said:
I hear you...

My X-105 came in way above my expectations!!!

What were your specs?

Mine came marked  128.2 Mw Peak     114.8 Mw Avg.

It included a free diffraction grating with it as well..."Time Tunnel".

TNT shipping at 24 bucks was 24-25 HOURS from the time I PLACED MY ORDER to when the laser was IN MY HAND!!!!

I can see that this will not be my only laser from Nova!

Now If I can find a spare 2 grand lying around I can order that Nova 350!!!

LarryQ
About the shippiing...WOW!!! That was fast! The free diffraction gratings they send are always great!
 

gmAg21

New member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
40
Likes
0
Points
0
I just ordered my X105, should be in by Tues/Weds but once I get it in ill let u know the specs
 

King_K

New member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
499
Likes
1
Points
0
I think that this is going to be my next laser... Well, after I order a Pulsar 125 with WBs.

I'm pretty scared to order a CNI from another laser company such as TechLasers, unless I get a power output test from them, I've received a defective CNI from Wicked Lasers already, and I wouldn't stand to receive another defective unit, specially when the shipping costs are outrageously high where I live.
 

wondergimp

New member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
38
Likes
0
Points
0
King K said:
specially when the shipping costs are outrageously high where I live.
Were you trying to send UPS? Of course its going to be high. ($60-$80) Send it USPS, it'll be around $12. I've done it a few times.
 

King_K

New member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
499
Likes
1
Points
0
wondergimp said:
Were you trying to send UPS? Of course its going to be high. ($60-$80) Send it USPS, it'll be around $12. I've done it a few times.
The problem is that it is not USPS here (I don't live in the US or UK, hence my language problems), I sent a flashlight to a friend via EMS, it's been 6 months and he hasn't received it.

I have also ordered a Wii and an Action Replay, which were sent via USPS, the Wii took 2 months to arrive and the Action Replay arrived broken, like if something very heavy was placed over it.
 

BooBoo

New member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
69
Likes
0
Points
0
King K, what was wrong with the CNI, was it just outputting wearker, bad divergance, or TEM01/shiftings... just curious as to 'common' CNI issues, as with the ones I have had, besides battery consumption, and divergance which is fairly simple to correct, they've always held steady beams..so unlike the wavering, constanly shifting, more-often-than-not, new 'wl-manufactered'(ahem) lasers :)
 

RobTheVIP

New member
Joined
Apr 16, 2007
Messages
618
Likes
0
Points
0
If you are considering getting one of these, I highly recommend it. Go check the multimedia section for pics, I know I have at least 25 in there!
 




Top