Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my summary of DX lasers

lets first start off by comparing lasers to cars. A nova laser is like getting a car perfectly tuned straight from the performance shop the day you get it. And a DX laser i would say is like getting a car that is used and needs to be tweaked a little. Because when i got my laser today, as you all know, there were a few things wrong with it. But after i fixed the spring and the focus of the beam; it works about the same as my X75"of course a little less power and IR". Btw, here's a quick update of my laser; it pops balloons from about 3 feet so far. So id say im getting around 40mW of green and 20mW of IR out of this baby. Tomorrow im going to post a full review with many pictures to go along with it.

Chad

*sigh*
I hate DX. I'll just leave it at that. I maintain my standards, and DX doesn't fall into the boundaries.

personally, i agree with you. Its just only a few of their lasers are any good.

I probably won't buy from them again just because of the goddamn shipping. I still haven't received my lasers, and I have no idea where they are. 2+ weeks is just too long, regardless of the savings.

two weeks is not a long time for dx 8 weeks is long its usually 4-6 weeks for me in california shipping was free :p

That sums it up pretty well, although every DX laser I have handled has been good. (I've messed with 6 IIRC)

john_lawson said:
two weeks is not a long time for dx 8 weeks is long its usually 4-6 weeks for me in california shipping was free :p

it took about 7 weeks for mine

Switch

Yea well , if you buy it when it's actually in stock, it would take less ::) (not that you have any way of knowing it's true status...) Btw, the shipping doesn't really depend on DX , it depends on HK post.The pack of LEDs I ordered in the same time with my laser took 1 week to actually leave HK, the laser was packaged and I got a tracking number exactly when the LEDs left HK, but it only remained there for 1 day.So there was just 1 day between, still, I got the laser 1 week later.

You get what you pay for at DX. One cannot expect to get quality and low pricing at the same time, at least that's not how it goes with most technical items.

The 2 times I placed an order at DX the shipping time was reasonable.