Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My school web filter sucks sooo bad.

I have a private web proxy here:
dxle6r.png
(I dont want search engines picking it up)

Its pretty damn fast, no ads, brand spanking new so its not blocked anywhere. Paypal me $5 to help with hosting and ill give you an account. Paypal email: spyrorocks[at]gmail.com.

spyrorocks said:
I have a private web proxy here:
dxle6r.png

Its pretty damn fast, no ads, brand spanking new so its not blocked anywhere. Paypal me $5 to help with hosting and ill give you an account. Paypal email: spyrorocks[at]gmail.com.

Hi,
I'm just gonna check it's not filtered by my school (we have really weird filters, so it might still be blocked). If not, I might take you up on the offer.

oh yeah.. don't mind me... just completely ignore the 250 free web proxies I linked to, or the dozen other methods I mentioned. yeah, those don't work at all.

I honestly don't know why I bother helping people so much... :-X

happytomato said:
[quote author=spyrorocks link=1211141875/15#19 date=1211264597]I have a private web proxy here:
dxle6r.png

Hi,
I'm just gonna check it's not filtered by my school (we have really weird filters, so it might still be blocked). If not, I might take you up on the offer.[/quote]

Sure, make sure it works before donating a bit to me for hosting.

pseudolobster said:
oh yeah.. don't mind me... just completely ignore the 250 free web proxies I linked to, or the dozen other methods I mentioned. yeah, those don't work at all.

I honestly don't know why I bother helping people so much... :-X

All the ones you suggested don't work. :(

I know this is an old post, but...I'm having trouble too.

What filter does your school use? Mine uses Webwasher, and configured weird too. You can't use ANY proxies, you can't use the "translate" method, and changing the internet security settings doesn't work.

Thanks pseudolobster, I'll try the ways that you mentioned. I'll have to screenshot that and send the picture to my email...

How do you access the IP change technique in Internet Explorer?

-Mark

Things

happytomato said:
The IT man has no control of the filter at our school, it is government run.

same as our school. Every school in our state, connects to the governments filters, so its essentially un-bypassable.  :-/

EDIT: Spyrorocks, your site is blocked. I think the filter works on a "Accept these sites only" kind of thing.

Things said:
EDIT: Spyrorocks, your site is blocked. I think the filter works on a "Accept these sites only" kind of thing.

Yup. That's how it is with me, too. It automatically blocks all proxies, web page changers, forum sites, and media sites. It sucks.

-Mark

artix

Diachi said:
[quote author=Artix link=1211141875/20#27 date=1229627468]So what happens on the site that nobody wants to click?

You REALLY don't want to know. [/quote]

I do! :D :D :D :D :D

Use firefox or opera, and go into the settings and change the proxy server and ports, if you can get a working server and port, you can get past any server. Your actually not using the filter, your using someone elses network in some far away country lol.