Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My O-like 400mW 532nm arrived, mores the pity.

plexus

I've found 532nm DPSS lasers will peak in power when they are cold but will achieve more stability (and sometimes more peak power) after they have been warmed up. I have this same laser and I am sure you've seen my test results. I think its an interesting laser in that it achieves quite a lot of power in a small very inexpensive package. I consider it a sort of bridge-laser towards a cheaper better more powerful DPSS output. A sort of commercial experiment meant to try and satisfy a craving for higher output green in a cost effective manner. The compromise, at least with this design, is beam and power instability. Maybe future designs will be better.

Last edited:

I've found 532nm DPSS lasers will peak in power when they are cold but will achieve more stability (and sometimes more peak power) after they have been warmed up. I have this same laser and I am sure you've seen my test results. I think its an interesting laser in that it achieves quite a lot of power in a small very inexpensive package. I consider it a sort of bridge-laser towards a cheaper better more powerful DPSS output. A sort of commercial experiment meant to try and satisfy a craving for higher output green in a cost effective manner. The compromise, at least with this design, is beam and power instability. Maybe future designs will be better.

Your description of this laser is rather accurate.

Still waiting for your complete review of this laser, as you promised!:beer:

ped

Ive reached an agreement with suzie, shes sending me a new focus cap, and a $15 coupon code which i'm donating to the forum, ive yet to run the IR tests.

^^^#1 Reason I'll buy again from o-like despite problems... good service. Talked to her and she agreed to send out replacement for me before even getting the laser back.

I'm just hoping this one actually works as advertised.