Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My New X-Drive Is Here !

GSS

I'm glad you are enjoying burning and melting things. Hopefully, this won't get old for you too quickly. Good luck.
It does get old kinda quick and on top of that burning any type of black hard plastic from a head lamp like that, or old chargers just smells awefull. I like burning the softer plastic black CD case's much better cause of that smell.
Would burning has a good smell, but if anyone has anything they found fun to burn, i'm all ears?:)

Last edited:
Yeah, burning things got old for me in about a week. Now, I'm more into building new wavelengths and increasing my test equipment for experimenting. I have a fairly large stock of LDs and optics and have most every type of test equipment I can think of now.

I still like burning things with light but I really like night time beam shots, pointing a beam that seems to go on forever is still really cool to me !

I can't wait to see what a 44 looks like ! And I'm def getting a BE !

EDIT - THANKS mod !

Will you permit him to release the ship to address so I can compare it with the one you already gave me?
Did you confirm my address though DTR ?

Last edited:

GSS

I burnt my wallet soon after I got into lasers.

:crackup:

RB
:bowdown::crackup: I have no comeback for that yet but still:thinking:

@paul exactly as I added a few more WL's but not much equipment..
but even beam pointing outside unfortunatly isn't something I could do without alarming the wrong people:( and I mean snitchy neighbors with nothing better to do:mad:
Strange that we build more laser because lack of use:rolleyes:

Last edited:
:bowdown::crackup: I have no comeback for that yet but still:thinking:

@paul exactly as I added a few more WL's but not much equipment..
but even beam pointing outside unfortunatly isn't something I could do without alarming the wrong people:( and I mean snitchy neighbors with nothing better to do:mad:
Strange that we build more laser because lack of use:rolleyes:

What do you mean, is shooting a beam up in the sky (and it goes without saying far away from anything moving) somehow illegal where you are ??? If it's not illegal you can imagine what I'd have to say to snitchy neighbors or over easily alarmed people ! @#&^%$#%$^&**&^$@%&*(&$# that's what and then I'd do it twice as often just because of their wining over something they noticed but it had no affect on them what so ever ! ! ! :na:

Last edited:

GSS

Not much air traffic, no near airports large or small. Do have a few hospital's near by and do see some medical copters once in a while.
I'm also at the highest point in the city and can reasonably see any approaching craft.
It is the people that have seen to many news stories that can cause unwanted issue's.
I'm living in a 14 story 150 unit building now with way to many with nothing to do but gossip. I'm also the only one here that I know of who is into lasers, as iv'e made no try to hide them and in fact tried many of times to find someone who might be interested. So cause of this, the authoritys would be at my door in seconds.
On the fewer and fewer occasions I do go out to sky point I always bring a back up cheapie ebay just incase the police want to grab my laser which i'm seeing they can.
Oh I understand the part of using it with utmost caution and even though I believe its my right to play I still live in a community where swearing or arguing isn't the answer and would cause more problems. Who needs another "laser" report on this hobby:(
Not that it has happened yet but???:can:
A while back I sent my friend a nice 532 pointer in San Diego and he immediatly sent it back to me, not that he didn't enjoy it but from fear of being sued of his home. It didn't help that he lives near the Mexican border with tons of air craft activity:whistle:
It so easy to make a mistake as to I went out at 3:00am one day and pointed through a long outside open corridor and right at the end of it I hit the fire station garage doors and just missed the window by 12":eek:
Same when I go to Boston where my neighbors maby not nosey but still have their own opinions.
It's just not worth starting anything, even though it does piss me off;)

Last edited:
Not much air traffic, no near airports large or small. Do have a few hospital's near by and do see some medical copters once in a while.
I'm also at the highest point in the city and can reasonably see any approaching craft.
It is the people that have seen to many news stories that can cause unwanted issue's.
I'm living in a 14 story 150 unit building now with way to many with nothing to do but gossip. I'm also the only one here that I know of who is into lasers, as iv'e made no try to hide them and in fact tried many of times to find someone who might be interested. So cause of this, the authoritys would be at my door in seconds.
On the fewer and fewer occasions I do go out to sky point I always bring a back up cheapie ebay just incase the police want to grab my laser which i'm seeing they can.
Oh I understand the part of using it with utmost caution and even though I believe its my right to play I still live in a community where swearing or arguing isn't the answer and would cause more problems. Who needs another "laser" report on this hobby:(
Not that it has happened yet but???:can:
A while back I sent my friend a nice 532 pointer in San Diego and he immediatly sent it back to me, not that he didn't enjoy it but from fear of being sued of his home. It didn't help that he lives near the Mexican border with tons of air craft activity:whistle:
It so easy to make a mistake as to I went out at 3:00am one day and pointed through a long outside open corridor and right at the end of it I hit the fire station garage doors and just missed the window by 12":eek:
Same when I go to Boston where my neighbors maby not nosey but still have their own opinions.
It's just not worth starting anything, even though it does piss me off;)
Oh I see you live in a building, That changes everything ! A lot of people to get along with ! :angel:

I guess really I've got it pretty good because I could walk outside on to the street in front of my house and as long as it was quiet I could fire a million candle power bat signal into the night sky and no one would bat an eye and no cops would start driving around the desert shores community looking for the source !

It's so good here if a cop comes driving through and sees someone running down the street at 2 in the morning his first thought is "He must be jogging" ! lol

Last edited:

GSS

Oh I see you live in a building, That changes everything ! A lot of people to get along with ! :angel:

I guess really I've got it pretty good because I could walk outside on to the street in front of my house and as long as it was quiet I could fire a million candle power bat signal into the night sky and no one would bat an eye and no cops would start driving around the desert shores community looking for the source !

It's so good here if a cop comes driving through and sees someone running down the street at 2 in the morning his first thought is "He must be jogging" ! lol
The worst part is if there is any chance of no city sky pollution, its here as i'm pretty high up. The building even rent's out it's roof for antenna's for big money..
Same though when I go to the Boston area house like I said but just different people with their thoughts:(