Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new LPM

SenKat_Stonetek said:
You will find that with the TEC type of meters, your readings will vary depending on the size of the area you are measuring....I had made some rough "meters" with larger TEC's in the past - decent results, the paint is high temp flat black, but WILL burn up if your dot is too focused. Glad to see more folks taking advantage of this unit, the Die4Thing meter was similar in design - I think it used a little smaller TEC for the sensor - but was accurate as hell :)
I think that is my long-winded way of saying, "Yes" Dot size plays a large part in the accuracy of the meter... I found the best results were to use a .5cm dot size or so - that seemed to be the most accurate for me. This meter MAY be different, but not by much - so see if you can reduce/enlarge your dot size to .5cm and try it out ???

You are 100 % right Senkat. :)

JLSE

SenKat_Stonetek said:
You will find that with the TEC type of meters, your readings will vary depending on the size of the area you are measuring....I had made some rough "meters" with larger TEC's in the past - decent results, the paint is high temp flat black, but WILL burn up if your dot is too focused.  Glad to see more folks taking advantage of this unit, the Die4Thing meter was similar in design - I think it used a little smaller TEC for the sensor - but was accurate as hell :)
I think that is my long-winded way of saying, "Yes"  Dot size plays a large part in the accuracy of the meter... I found the best results were to use a .5cm dot size or so - that seemed to be the most accurate for me.  This meter MAY be different, but not by much - so see if you can reduce/enlarge your dot size to .5cm and try it out ???

How do these TEC type differ from a thermopile manufatured by a large company? This is all new to me and have not touched on the subject yet. Is it similar in design, or is the sensing area of a completely different concept?