Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My New AixiZ 532nm 300mw Labby

Greetings all i just figured id show off my latest addition, as you already know from the title what it is i am extremely impressed as the unit is doing much much more then 300mw as it almost instantly starts scorching wood and damn near anything i put in front of it and (even inadvertanteley my leg while on the phone) lol. here is a picture of it running, im gonna take it up to my buddy the physics professor at SEMO University tomorrow and get it metered to find what its putting out exactly.

Attachments

• 100_2459.JPG
    100_2459.JPG
    892 KB · Views: 114

Here is a photo of it smoken my tripod mount (makes a good beam stopper but really bad smell)

Attachments

• 100_2467.JPG
    100_2467.JPG
    727.8 KB · Views: 124
and more importantly does it have a ir filter since most aixiz greens dont have a ir filter
i dont want to rain on your parade but that could explained the extra power

IgorT

Is the IR ever really in the same beam? In many lasers i noticed most of it simply gets blocked by the various optical stages and by the apperture at the top.

Measuring the power from different distances should show a small difference in power, if IR is part of it.