Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Lazerer Experience

Hey everyone.
I'm a newcomer to the site and just wanted to post that Lazerer is a pretty good company. I just bought my first high power laser (100mw) from Max and it is on its way. Although his PayPal system isn't automatic (he has to manually send you a payment invoice), and his replies to my emails were a bit slow (2-3 days) I did successfully get my item shipped.

I'm saying this because during my search for a good store to buy a laser from, I searched through here to look for reviews on Lazerer since my order through PayPal didn't go through quickly. I saw lots of bad reviews about his services but it sounded like his products are good. Just thought Id throw another opinion out there for people doing a search like I was.

EDIT: Read the comments for more updates

Last edited:

Rez

Re: Lazerer is good

I've also got an order from Lazerer 'coming in'. However, it was ordered in March and it has still not arrived. Be wary and good luck

It is always a good idea to do some research before buying
from someone you don't know like you did...

BTW... welcome to the Forum

Another thing to consider is that the Chinese have a lot of
holidays the we do not celebrate in North America or Europe...

Jerry

Last edited:

I think I may have jumped the gun a bit. I was for some reason under the impression that my laser was shipped and I still have no idea why. I think I was a bit too excited. My laser has not shipped yet and I just sent a follow up email to Max asking about my order status yesterday since I haven't heard from him since I paid. Still nothing yet after he said my order would be taken under "special care" to be shipped asap. I can completely understand the fact that the Chinese have different holidays then us but I think Max should let people know this before they spend a good sum of money on their death lasers and don't hear from him for days.

I see Max as a good guy but this is kind of getting ridiculous. He should definatly do something about his inabilities to reply in a timely fashion. I'm going to give him until later this week to at least give my email a reply before I go ahead and file a PayPal dispute.

I'll keep you guys up to date here on my experience.

I hope this post helps people like me.

norbyx

Keep in mind one more thing. Sometimes lasers are not in stock, sometimes they have to make them as they get ordered. I don't know how big of a company is Lazerer, but from what I can deduce, a company where the owner is the one answering the emails is not so big.
In any case an email should always be answered, even if it might not be inmediate but at least in the next 24-48 hours.

MK19

While I never awarded the "good guy" title to Max, I shared the same issues while ordering.

He was slow in getting back to emails, if at all. Most of my emails were never answered. I attribute this to the english/chinese language barrier. Have to keep in mind this is not an amazon purchase. Lasers are generally not kept in stock, he builds them as they are ordered. The Chinese have a different way of doing things.

If you ordered from the lazerer website, there is a system that send priority messages to their vendors. I do not know how this system works, but it is much more effective than emailing Max directly. You should also mention you are a LPF member.

While I never awarded the "good guy" title to Max, I shared the same issues while ordering.

He was slow in getting back to emails, if at all. Most of my emails were never answered. I attribute this to the english/chinese language barrier. Have to keep in mind this is not an amazon purchase. Lasers are generally not kept in stock, he builds them as they are ordered. The Chinese have a different way of doing things.

If you ordered from the lazerer website, there is a system that send priority messages to their vendors. I do not know how this system works, but it is much more effective than emailing Max directly. You should also mention you are a LPF member.

Yea I did order it from the website but kept in touch with Max because I had some questions before I placed the order.

But I do feel like he is trying. The one-man operation kind of deserves some leeway since it seem like a hobby for him to build lasers and sell them to people. I think he tries but he comes off as a professional company which is not the right image to send to his buyers.

i don't think Max makes lasers. I have seen many of the laser models on lazerer on other sites as well. I believe they simply resell binned lasers or something close. I wouldnt get a green from them, no IR filter

I was scammed By Lazerer. I shipped my laser back to him because it broke and I was going to get a replacement free of charge and that was 3 weeks ago. He doesn't reply to any of my emails

Hm does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find a 100mw green laser for roughly $60? Preferably with a key lock and focus able. I think I'm just going to get my money back from him and shop elsewhere. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

MK19

Hm does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find a 100mw green laser for roughly $60? Preferably with a key lock and focus able. I think I'm just going to get my money back from him and shop elsewhere. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

There is a buy/sell section of the LPF. I would start there. That is where I am headed for my next purchase.

Ah thanks guys. My laziness got the better of me. Thanks for all your comments and I look forward to being a member on LPF!

As a Chinese , I am not aware of any major holiday that can warrant such an act of sheer incompetence .
Maybe if you ordered on the May 1st golden week.
Then maybe... just maybe.
However, this is just sloppy business on his side.

As for the PP business , I think he might be trying to avoid having his PP account locked for the sales of Laser products. (I don't think he understand the Custom Light Oscillator modules trick lol)