Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laser is now in WORKING CONDITION!... kinda...

Rewkie

So i hook it up again and BOOM LIGHT IS NOW EMITTING FROM MY LASER and i COMPLETELY fell in love with lasers. And then i noticed something wrong... This!
IMG_0323_zpsadecf9d7.jpg

The beam is about the size of my palm when focused to the smallest dot i can get it at. (from about 3-5 feet away) And i forgot to post a pic without the lens on so i will go do that...

Okay beamshot without the lens on is up. (three element lens)
IMG_0325_zps0f1bf267.jpg

So what could have caused this? Bad lens? I just got the diode so it's not that... Could tightening the set screw to tight do that? :thinking:

Last edited:

The raw output looks fine except that piece of dust or what have you on the diode window. (you can probably fix that with a spray of condensed air assuming it's not baked on yet)
It's probably your lens. I had one come apart on me once and had a similar output after attempting to put the lenses back in myself. Luckily DTR sells them for only like $8.60 USD shipped assuming you are in the US. :beer:

Rewkie

Used compressed air and didnt work so then a cue tip and it worked but theres weird little lines on the raw output? I dont thing it will effect anything but just wanted to run it by you and see...

Well depending on what you mean, there's always lines in a multimode diode's output. As a matter of fact the output is made of lines. The more power you give the diode, the more lines and output you get

Garoq

I seriously doubt over-tightening the set screw could damage the lens. Could you post a photo of what the lens looks like in the module when focused to the smallest spot?