Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MY KD50 became AWESOME!

Well what can i say?!?! I LOVE THIS LASER (even though it almost blinded me when i was testing it). i hooked it directly up to 3.0v CR123's after i took the head out of the case and i wanted to see if it was emmiting ir and no green so i made it face white paper, when the circuit linked it was super dam bright and i was like WTF?!?! i tested it some more on futher away stuff and the green beam and dot were even more visible than usual! its not even night and i can see the green solid beam! So what i wanna ask is it safe to use with CR123 3.0v? since it runs on 3.0v cr2's would it hurt if i ran it under 3.0v CR123's??

Attachments

• DSC00712.JPG
    DSC00712.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 86

Looks like it's being overpowered, I dunno if this would have much of an effect on your diode life... :-/

VillageIdiot said:
Looks like it's being overpowered, I dunno if this would have much of an effect on your diode life...  :-/
i just attatched a switch from a broken rc car and used sticky tape to tape everything together and it works better than new! you can see the beam in a lit room! awesome stuff!

Switch

You're still using the driver right? How well can it burn?

Switch said:
You're still using the driver right? How well can it burn?
yes i am still using the driver, i havent tested it to pop a balloon but i reckon it can. ill try it after school today and take some pictures as well

You've sharpied the balloon (if it's not already black) and left it on a tripod or sitting on a table in one position right?

VillageIdiot said:
You've sharpied the balloon (if it's not already black) and left it on a tripod or sitting on a table in one position right?
:-[ :-[ :-[the balloon was already black but i never left the laser on a tripod :eek: how am i supposed to? ill post a pic to show u what it looks like

Okay leave it on a table and use something to keep it in position. Sticky tape the balloon and if it doesn't pop then something's wrong. :-?

VillageIdiot said:
Okay leave it on a table and use something to keep it in position. Sticky tape the balloon and if it doesn't pop then something's wrong.  :-?
ok, ill try that tommorow morning. theres a baby in my house so i dont want to scare her or blind her :eek: