Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My jayrob 18650 445nm Laser

Hey, I just wanted to post a few pictures of my new 445nm build. I used a jayrob DIY green 18650 host with a copper heatsink and microboost drive. The current is around 1000mA, and the output was measured to be 1.1 Watts. I'm very happy with this build and thanks to jayrob for making such an awesome kit. The diode is an A130 that I bought from Scopeguy's groupbuy. This laser certainly burns better than all my other ones and it's even brighter than my green 150mW Opto pen.

Pictures:

Close Up:
close%20up%20small.jpg

Beamshot 1:
beamshot%201%20small.jpg

Beamshot 2:
beamshot%202%20small.jpg

Videos:

Lighting Candle
YouTube - 1 Watt 445nm Blue Laser Lighting a Candle

Igniting Paper 1
YouTube - 1 Watt 445nm Blue Laser Igniting Paper

Igniting Paper 2
YouTube - 1 Watt 445nm Blue Laser Igniting Paper #2

Last edited:

very very nice! Im ordering my jayrob 18650 this week and i cant wait. How come you didnt go the press fit diode route?

jayrob

Nice pics and cool videos! Those cigar humidifier cases are sweet laser cases!

About the press fit vs Aixiz module...

Most people have been ordering with the option to mount the driver inside the pill. This means that I can leave the heatsink a little longer for more mass.

It also means that you can have room to adjust them module position inside the heatsink depending on what lens and/or EzFocus adapter you have...

Last edited:
i like the idea of direct contact between the diode and heatsink, however, the copper 1/2" module option sounds like a nice compromise

wow! That's awesome! It looks great!

Just out of curiosity, did you use anything to help ingite the paper? Because I was very surprised to see it light that fast!

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
To ignite paper, there are several things to be aware of.

1. the type of paper makes a big difference. Try different kinds. I used the ads that came with the sunday newspaper.

2. Focus the dot to a point.

At 1.1 Watts, that's basically all you need to get it to ignite.

LOL I like the lick. :D

that's pretty cool that you can set paper on fire, and so fast too!