Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My HID bicycle light

djQUAN

I remember when I was a kid, I fitted a microswich to my brake mech to make a brake light...

I got laughed outta town :/
Why? What happened?

Very nice idea! Although try not to shine it at a car...
There is some spill upwards but most of the light is directed to the road and it doesn't seem to bother oncoming motorists so I guess it's ok. Plus the upward spill helps make me more visible to other drivers :)

djQUAN

Yes, built into the pack is a DIY balancer that burns off the excess voltage during charging. It also controls a mosfet switch so it cuts off the battery pack during over charge/discharge.

djQUAN

I got tired of attaching and removing the battery pack to charge using hose clamps so I was thinking of a better way of a quick release mechanism for the battery pack. Was staring at the wheels and then "eureka!"

This was the old method. Using hose clamps to hold the battery pack to the frame. If I wasn't careful, I would end up scratching the paint finish.
attachment.php

Bought these generic wheel quick release bolts from a nearby store
attachment.php

Removed the long shaft and cut some long screws to make a short lenght of allthread and reattached it to the quick release lever
attachment.php

Fabbed a bracket that will be permanently mounted to the frame (screwed using existing bolt holes for another water bottle)
attachment.php

And once that's done, make another angle bracket on the battery pack and just bolt it in place. Attaching or removing the battery pack takes about 10-15 seconds.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2748.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2749.jpg
    IMG_2749.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 202