Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My fusion arrived!!

Hello all, I just received my fusion and noticed some things about it. It has a very visible beam even in the light but it takes 5-10 seconds unaided to sting skin and will not light a certian type a black matches with the cap set. Is this normal?

Beo

That's not normal at all! :p Send an email to support and get a replacement. it should light matches unaided in a second.

Well my X65 will light matches unaided almost instantly. here
Match Light is at the end.

So you should have no problems lighting matches.
Would most deff e-mail them asap.

Hey I am going to recharge my batteries because they have sat out for a while and they might have lost charge so I will try that.

Ok I tryed new batteries and it let a match almost instantly with the caps and without it only smoked it but stings skin almost instantly and has a great beam. :) :)

I still think you should RMA it because even a 95mW should be able to light matches unaided pretty fast.

Even these batteries where lighty use from being in some toy game thing I found around the house. So I hope it will light a match will brand new ones :)

styropyro said:
I still think you should RMA it because even a 95mW should be able to light matches unaided pretty fast.

ya, my old nexus pwned matches, but my new fusion doesnt even make a match smoke unaided!

S

SenKat

I too had a match munching Nexus ! It was one of the good ones - the CNI type ;D Sorry, had to feed the fury, you know ! But seriously dude - I really hate to hear when someone says their laser does this with a lense, and that with a lense - if that is why you go the laser, then fabulous ! If you do not expect to have to use a lense to obliterate stuff - Which is what I consider a "normal" laser....Then you should return it. There is not a single laser that I can think of that is 125mw that cannot burn unaided. THAT is a very good indicator that either your divergence, your focal length, or your power is way off. Dump it - get a new one. The only lasers that wicked sells that are NOT supposed to be good burners are the Pulsars - they gotta have the lense...(again - conjecture - just what I have read)

So - up to you, man - another thing is - do not test a laser without using brand smackin new batteries - it's just bad mojo !

I think it is the beam diameter because when I aim it a back paper or white paper the dot is not near a small as with the cp set. So even if it is just the diameter do you think I should take it back?

Orr3

Someone over at LC got a 165mW Fusion I think and it could not light matches because of the beam diameter was too large.

It is maybe 125mW in power but just that the beam diameter is out of spec.

I think that I first would try some good trustable batteries and try to light a match if not then you can RMA if you want.

Try the Energizer Lithiums they are 1.7 volt each so then you get a little bit more power and you wont fry the laser.