Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First Real Laser...

Shatz

...looks like a flop. I went out on a limb on one of those "too good to be true" offers, and it looks like it was. I suposedly was buying a 200 mw green laser off some random hong kong retailer. It looks great, functions great, just doesn't seem to have to power of what I'd assumed a 200mw laser would have. It goes for miles, but doesn't seem to even singe cheap plastic. After some investigating, reasons I stumbled across this site, its a spitting image of the laser on greenlazer.com. which is 35 bucks cheaper minus the shipping. I paid 80 for it shipping and all, so not too much of a loss even if they are the same.

I guess I'm just looking for more confirmed bearers of badnews that I bit the bullet on this one. At least it seems to have lead me to what looks to be a respactable online laser enthusiast community. :)

Summary: is there anyway I could have a 200 mw laser, simliar to the one from greenlazer.com, only 20 times as powerful. :d

Thanks

You probably got a 30mW laser, Shatz, marked as 200mW. Few of these chinese lasers are ever close to 200mW. Trust me i've had much worse "laser losses" than that.. Consider youself lucky and the 'price of tuition' ... Go with a reputable seller; Bobhaha is suggesting rayfoss, I'd suggest o-Like. Yeah it'll be a bit more expensive but you'll actually get what you pay for...

Shatz

alrighty. thanks guys. i guess im kinda happy with the 30mw, its bright enough to amaze my friends and go for a mile at least. :D which is all i really need it for. ill keep it a secret that it really wont burn their skin :p, if i do decide to upgrade my arsenal, ill be sure to use this thread as my first reference. thank you again :)